Bloodstock 2018

Soldato
That time of year again - Wacken coming to an end and people like me furiously refreshing the BBC Weather page hoping for sun.

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/

Anybody else here heading up this year? Will be my 4th in a roe with brother and friend. Seriously looking forward to some Metal Pirate shantys with Alestorm and some sweet riffs from Gojira. Nightwish are a pleasant outlier with Judas Priest headlining as a classic.

- GP

Associate
I won't be going to Bloodstock but I went to Wacken. If Gojira, Nightwish and Judas Priest will do as good as they did there you'll be in for a great treat. Alestorm is always a good laugh (at least the times I've seen them). I was very surprised by Mr Big at Wacken as pretty much all I know of them is that "Be With You" 90's powerballad but they have some rocking stuff otherwise. Powertrip was awesome when I saw them supporting Trivium earlier this year, and I do love a bit of Evergrey too :)

Soldato
Not really paid attention to festivals this year but now I've seen Emperor and Orphaned Land are playing I feel rather sad to be missing out!
Have a great time regardless.

Associate
That time of year again - Wacken coming to an end and people like me furiously refreshing the BBC Weather page hoping for sun.

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/

Anybody else here heading up this year? Will be my 4th in a roe with brother and friend. Seriously looking forward to some Metal Pirate shantys with Alestorm and some sweet riffs from Gojira. Nightwish are a pleasant outlier with Judas Priest headlining as a classic.

- GP

Yeah i have "crew" passes this year

Associate
Oh yes, I missed Orphaned Land, really great band. Saw them supporting Blind Guardian a few years back and only knew them by name but damn they were good.

Soldato
OP
Can still see my writing on that when I did that back when it was put up - I believe that's my writing up by "a message".

Festival was awesome despite the rain, saw some damn good bands even if Fozzy were using a backing track...

Didn't get any real good photos this year but can;t wait for 5th year anniversary next year. Assuming Sabaton will headline for their 20th Year Tour and they are at Wacken, likely Within Temptation again too

- GP

Back
Top Bottom