Blue Screen Immediately as Windows load Begins

Associate
I changed out my old FX 8320 and Asrock 990fx extreme 3 to a Ryzen 7 3800x and Gigabyte Arous elite 570x with 4 sticks of 8gb 3333mhz hyper X RAM. The PC starts as normal past the bios screen and into the windows loading screen for about a second before all of the fans go off and the system bluescreens before the power immediately shuts off and attempts to reboot.
I've messed around with XMP and tried the different sticks on their own and it different slots to no avail. I've also tried Q-flashing the bios with the disk included with the mobo but I get a message saying no disk drive detected although the it is detecting it in the bios settings.

I'm completely out of ideas as I've scoured the Internet and can't find a solution and have played around with all the relevant stuff. Can anyone help? It would be very much appreciated.

Associate
If you're trying to update the BIOS, make sure your USB stick is formatted to FAT32. It's also recommended to use a smaller capacity USB stick <16GB if possible.

The simplest method of flashing the BIOS is using Q-Flash Plus.

qflashstep1.jpg

qflashstep2.jpg

The Q-Flash Plus USB port should be the one labeled BIOS (blue and white):
mainsec04.jpg

qflashstep3.jpg

Associate
I assume you have the non-WIFI version of the X570 Aorus Elite. The Q-Flash Plus button is near the bottom PCIe x1 slot (somewhat near the top left of this picture):
201907091136370847e99deb42142c4b9fd832a1f3906380_big.png

Associate
I changed out my old FX 8320 and Asrock 990fx extreme 3 to a Ryzen 7 3800x and Gigabyte Arous elite 570x with 4 sticks of 8gb 3333mhz hyper X RAM. The PC starts as normal past the bios screen and into the windows loading screen for about a second before all of the fans go off and the system bluescreens before the power immediately shuts off and attempts to reboot.
I've messed around with XMP and tried the different sticks on their own and it different slots to no avail. I've also tried Q-flashing the bios with the disk included with the mobo but I get a message saying no disk drive detected although the it is detecting it in the bios settings.

I'm completely out of ideas as I've scoured the Internet and can't find a solution and have played around with all the relevant stuff. Can anyone help? It would be very much appreciated.

Clear the CMOS settings to reset the BIOS to stock settings. Don't mess with XMP until you've already got a stable system.

Did you just take your old SSD/HDD and directly re-use it in the new build? The Windows installation might be having conflicts. You could try booting up in safe mode and remove old drivers, etc. But I'd recommend just starting with a fresh installation of Windows.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a similar experience when i changed the timings on my ram sticks and the system blue screened. I just changed everything to default values and booted and it booted fine.

If thats not the issue, it may be to do with the windows installation if you have not done a fresh one after the hardware change.

Associate
OP
Clear the CMOS settings to reset the BIOS to stock settings. Don't mess with XMP until you've already got a stable system.

Did you just take your old SSD/HDD and directly re-use it in the new build? The Windows installation might be having conflicts. You could try booting up in safe mode and remove old drivers, etc. But I'd recommend just starting with a fresh installation of Windows.

I did remove and reinstall the board battery to reset it but it didn't help, I'm not sure I can boot it to safe mode as but I will try.

Associate
OP
It'll wipe everything off. You'll need to backup your files first.
I've not had much luck getting anything done with it today as I was relying on a friend to drop me a USB stick with win 10 on it and he was a no show. How can I migrate the files from the SSD to my external HDD if I have no way of accessing windows? I also don't have the OS disk or any software enabling me to do so.

Associate
I've not had much luck getting anything done with it today as I was relying on a friend to drop me a USB stick with win 10 on it and he was a no show. How can I migrate the files from the SSD to my external HDD if I have no way of accessing windows? I also don't have the OS disk or any software enabling me to do so.
You'll definitely need another working PC and a spare USB stick to be able to create a Windows 10 boot USB. Can your old PC still be used?

To backup your files from your SSD, there are a few ways to get this done, depending on whether your old PC can still be used.

Associate
OP
You'll definitely need another working PC and a spare USB stick to be able to create a Windows 10 boot USB. Can your old PC still be used?

To backup your files from your SSD, there are a few ways to get this done, depending on whether your old PC can still be used.

I can use a friends pc and I have an external hard drive for storage. Actually with you saying that I've just had a thought, I can reassemble my old rig, back up the files and have a bootable copy of Windows on my external drive, I have 2 cases now so it should just be a matter of swapping the psu into the old case. It's a lot of work but it's definitely do-able.

Associate
I can use a friends pc and I have an external hard drive for storage. Actually with you saying that I've just had a thought, I can reassemble my old rig, back up the files and have a bootable copy of Windows on my external drive, I have 2 cases now so it should just be a matter of swapping the psu into the old case. It's a lot of work but it's definitely do-able.
Use a totally separate USB stick for the Windows 10 boot disk. Then the external HDD to backup your files.

Associate
OP
Thanks to you guys I was able to find a solution by following your instruction on a clean windows install, everything is running crisp and smooth, the help was much appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom