blue screens, annoying random restarts

Associate
Hi Guys,

I’d like to pick your brains if anybody has come across anything like this.
My windows started to act funny, sudden shut downs to blue screen. Text as follows:

A problem has been detected ....
If this is the first time ....
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space ....
Check for any bios updates ....

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0X0000005,0XF74090D4,0XF6F8E9DC,0X00000000)

*** setupdd.sys - Address F74090D4 base at F73EC000, DateStamp 41107c8f

Didn’t do any over clocking. Doesn’t seem to overheat or getting higher voltages.
Cooling is appropriate.
So I’ve decided to reinstall windows, but during installation all over sudden this blue screen appeared as follows:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time....

If problems continue disable or remove....

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x1DCCA415, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8054BD20)

Tried reinstall again during the night. In the morning came back to set regional settings and PC hanged up, no blue screen.
PC sounded like everything is shutting down but I was still able to see screen pictures (frozen).
I will try to undust pc from inside and remove side part if there is airflow problem. Haven`t add any new hardware there.
Basically no idea what is causing this. System has been running just fine for 7 months.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Unplug all USB devices and try again. This likely won't make a difference but it eliminates it. Then I would look at RAM. You may need to beg, borrow another stick of compatible RAM to check whether this is the problem but if you have more than one stick try to run it with one and change slots as well. Drivers are another problem that can cause this but clean Windows install should refer this back to the hardware as the root of the problem.

Windows protection errors occur for a number of reasons such as:

• If a real-mode driver and a protected-mode driver are in conflict.
  • If the registry is damaged.
  • If either the Win.com file or the Command.com file are infected with a virus, or if either of the files are damaged.
  • If a protected-mode driver is loaded from the System.ini file and the driver is already initialized.
  • If there is a physical input/output (I/O) address conflict or a random access memory (RAM) address conflict.
  • If there are incorrect complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings for a built-in peripheral device (such as cache settings, CPU timing, hard disks, and so on).
  • If the Plug and Play feature of the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS) is not working correctly.
  • If the computer contains a malfunctioning cache or malfunctioning memory.
  • If the computer's motherboard is not working properly

Back
Top Bottom