bluetooth dropping in and out every 30 seconds or so Windows 10

Associate
new win10 build (since Middle of December)

Surface keyboard and mouse (both new) both with over 90% battery
Only started happening in the past week (previously been fine)
I uninstalled and repaired them both but the problem persists
Any advice or ideas (or is this a known problem?

thanks

Chris

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice
Today there were no drop outs at all. Worked flawlessly for 8 hours straight.
Are there outside influences (wifi boosters etc) that can influence bluetooth connectivity as this intermittent problem is very hard to pin down.

Associate
OP
Woah. That's interesting - why on earth would they make the frequency the same as the broadband (not that anything can be done about it!).
Maybe I'll watch out for the missus cooking noodles next time it all goes haywire :D !!

Associate
Woah. That's interesting - why on earth would they make the frequency the same as the broadband (not that anything can be done about it!).
Maybe I'll watch out for the missus cooking noodles next time it all goes haywire :D !!

If your wifi router and your receiver are capable of 5Ghz connection, I would suggest using that instead, it is usually much more stable connection, but has slightly less range.

Associate
OP
Just an update and I'm willing to put my hands up and show my ignorance but it might save someone else at a later date.
It turns out that there's a 'power saving' option for Bluetooth devices which is enabled by default in Windows 10 (which makes absolutely no sense on a desktop machine but there you go!).
Unticking this box instantly resolved the issue.
I'm sure lots of you are face-palming right now :rolleyes:! Every day is a learning curve :D

Back
Top Bottom