Bluetooth flip up helmet

Associate
Hey, any suggestions on flip up Bluetooth helmets. I do like 2x 20-30 mins journey to work and am looking for a nice helmet I can link to my phone and listen to music.

Thanks in advance x

Caporegime
I'm not aware of any of these existing and a quite google tells me why - none of the main manufacturers actually make any, the ones I find online are typical cheapo ebay junk with I suspect safety and sound quality to match.

You'll likely need to treat these as two separate purchases, however you'll need to make sure that the helmet has indents in the side for you to affix speakers in.

I recently purchased one of these which I'm quite happy with, it comes with both a regular stick-on mic for full face helmets, and a boom mic for open face and flip up helmets. There are both left and right speakers and the sound quality is plenty good for riding. I will say however that the speakers are quite chunky, hence the need for the indents, otherwise you're going to squash your ears like I did and trust me - this hurts like hell after a short ride.

Man of Honour
I appreciate this thread is a few days old now. But some flip up helmets have optional bluetooth modules which can be added inside them. I used to have a Shoe Neotec 2 and would have added the optional module if a careless driver hadn't changed my plans. I can highly recommend the Neotec 2 as a helmet.

Soldato
As others have said, you need to add a communications unit to your existing (or a new) helmet. Most have slots to fit a speaker and the unit attaches to the side, whilst some helmets have a more integrated approach for premium models to fit a specific comms unit.

I can highly recommend the Cardo Packtalk Bold or newer (Edge, Neo, slim) for bluetooth communications and music. Sena make good units too.

Last edited:
Associate

I recently purchased one of these which I'm quite happy with, it comes with both a regular stick-on mic for full face helmets, and a boom mic for open face and flip up helmets. There are both left and right speakers and the sound quality is plenty good for riding. I will say however that the speakers are quite chunky, hence the need for the indents, otherwise you're going to squash your ears like I did and trust me - this hurts like hell after a short ride.

I've got the exact same ones for my partner and I. We get around 8 hours of battery just talking ;) And they charge up pretty fast (We normally leave them overnight). I believe they were only £30 each when we purchased them years ago which is a far cry from the £200/£300+ for other units which offer absolutely nothing extra for the money.

They are loud enough up to about 50/60mph which depends entirely on your helmet noise. Music is great but not mind blowing as there's far too much going on riding a bike to enjoy music properly :D

The hardest thing for myself was getting the speaker's in the correct position. It hurts your ears more than you can imagine if they are not sat right in the helmet.

Last edited:
Associate
Take a look at the schuberth c4/c5 if you're still looking. You need the helment then an £80 or so module that clips in the back, the headphones and mic are already factory installed in the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom