Bluetooth for my PC

Associate
Hi,
My PC is in my living room and sits inside a cabinet. At the moment I am using an Asus
BT-400 Bluetooth dongle but I need something a bit better. The dongle is attached to one of the USB ports on the front of the PC but because the computer sits behind the cabinet door its not ideal. I open the door when I need to connect to the dongle but then my desk chair gets in the way :eek:
I really need something that sits on top of the desk and is always open to the air.
Any suggestions?

Associate
OP
As a quick fix I have used a usb hub and connected the dongle to that. I've sat the hub on top of my desk. I'll see how I get on with that :D

Soldato
As a quick fix I have used a usb hub and connected the dongle to that. I've sat the hub on top of my desk. I'll see how I get on with that :D

It’s what I used to do.

My pc is in a cabinet too, but the receiver is plugged into the back with absolutely no connection issues, I just bought a different, more expensive one.

You can get USB extensions with a little stand on one end, I use one for connecting USB sticks, gives me quick access and looks nicer than a hub. My long time plan is to have a usb hub permanently fixed inside a drawer, perhaps you could do the same and connect the USB device that way.

Soldato
I've got to admit mine is plugged into a USB port round the back but I've never had any connection issues either but its a good size about the same as a memory stick, those tiny little ones that go with a wireless keyboard/mouse do need to sit on the front I find or the range is compromised.

Soldato
I've got to admit mine is plugged into a USB port round the back but I've never had any connection issues either but its a good size about the same as a memory stick, those tiny little ones that go with a wireless keyboard/mouse do need to sit on the front I find or the range is compromised.

As a matter of interest which one have you got?

I’ve been considering a pci-e WiFi & Bluetooth card or a new dongle.

Back
Top Bottom