Bluetooth keyboard, two computers, how?

Soldato
Normally one would use a kvm, I'm wondering if there's a better way.

If I buy a logitech keyboard, it comes with a bluetooth dongle. If I then buy a second dongle/use the one built into a laptop, can I choose which system it connects to? One step further, is it possible to change from one to the other by pushing a button?

It would be nice to be able to use the desktop keyboard & mouse with a laptop on occasion.

Cheers

Associate
I'm not sure on this, but could you not install the dongle and software on both pc's so the dongle is the primary bluetooth device. Then simply switching the dongle between each machine would act as receiver?

No need to buy a second dongle then. Not sure if this is sound logic though.

Soldato
OP
Nothing particularly cunning comes to mind then? Moving the dongle around would work I'm sure, I was thinking of connecting the keyboard to both machines then disabling the bluetooth function on whichever one I don't want it connected to, so purely in software.

No worries anyway, its not a very important thing to attempt. Cheers

Associate
Well If you where gonna disable the bluetooth each time you wanted to switch it, wouldnt it be far easier just to unplug the dongle and plug it into the other computer prob dont even need the drivers unless you use the Fn keys.

Back
Top Bottom