Bluetooth Mice.

Soldato
Hi.
Im looking at reducing the ammout of wires on my desk when im using my laptop.
So can anyone recommend a good, reliable, Bluetooth mouse that i can use with my laptop. The laptop has built in BT, so i wont be requiring the usage of an external dongle.

Thanks in advance all.
:)

Soldato
OP
Unfortunatelly, neither of the two ranges of mice that you mention appear to be in production anymore. With only one BT mouse being listed on both manufacturers websites, and any BT mice by those manufacturers being v.hard to source.

Associate
poltergeist666 said:
Well, they are still available here , but then I have just realised where abouts in the world you are, so that may,or may not, be a problem. ;)

I just had a look at the specs, and it would appear that the cordless ones are not bluetooth - DOH!, I just assumed they were.

Have you tried fleabay?

Soldato
OP
poltergeist666 said:
I just had a look at the specs, and it would appear that the cordless ones are not bluetooth - DOH!, I just assumed they were.

Have you tried fleabay?
lol.
I wouldnt worry about my location. I live less than 20mins away from OCUK!
lol. :p
bramski said:
I've got a Logitech mx900 and it's excellent.
The MX900 isnt a BT mouse. Its still a 'FastRF' based mouse, basically a MX700 with a new paint job, with a BT reciever/transmitter built into its base to allow usage with normal BT devices.
Bit of a misleading description on Logitechs part that.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
The MX900 isnt a BT mouse. Its still a 'FastRF' based mouse, basically a MX700 with a new paint job, with a BT reciever/transmitter built into its base to allow usage with normal BT devices.
Bit of a misleading description on Logitechs part that.

Really? You can use the MX900 with regular bluetooth dongles and BT equipped laptops without using the base, which means that it's not FastRF anymore, but actually BT. The only thing is that the SetPoint software only works using the MX900 hub, but it still works without it. I'd recommend it, there's only one cable coming out of the charging station, and if the laptop has BT built in, or you have BT usb, then you could just take the mouse wherever, and not worry about charging it if you carry a spare pair of AA batteries if you're planning on going away with it for more than a day or two.

Soldato
OP
Doohickey said:
Really? You can use the MX900 with regular bluetooth dongles and BT equipped laptops without using the base, which means that it's not FastRF anymore, but actually BT. The only thing is that the SetPoint software only works using the MX900 hub, but it still works without it. I'd recommend it, there's only one cable coming out of the charging station, and if the laptop has BT built in, or you have BT usb, then you could just take the mouse wherever, and not worry about charging it if you carry a spare pair of AA batteries if you're planning on going away with it for more than a day or two.
Really?
Are you sure on that one, because that completely contradicts all the reviews ive read on it? :confused:

Energize said:
I wouldnt reccomend BT, serious lag in games.
I dont play games on my laptop, thats left for my main PC and its nice MX1000. :p
So lag isnt a problem. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Energize said:
I wouldnt reccomend BT, serious lag in games.
You've actually used one?

I'v had Logitech diNoVo for past 2 years and CSS is where it's at for serious testing. I'm a pretty heavy gamer and I'm ranked highly on a busy public server.

So take that tripe back ;)

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Really?
Are you sure on that one, because that completely contradicts all the reviews ive read on it? :confused:

Well, there are other reviews that test it on native built in bluetooth (i.e. on laptops), this is the first result that I found:

Our testing was done on a Sony Vaio S170 running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. In this configuration, the native Bluetooth driver stack correctly identified the MX900 and immediately provided basic mouse services. The extra features of the MX900 such as assignable button functionality are, however, not available through the native Bluetooth stack. In order to take advantage of all features, it is necessary to install the Logitech "SetPoint" software package. Unfortunately, the SetPoint installation refused to recognize the native built-in Bluetooth radio, but insisted that we use the external USB-Bluetooth Hub.
http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2004/09/12/224848.html

Caporegime
dark_shadow said:
You've actually used one?

I'v had Logitech diNoVo for past 2 years and CSS is where it's at for serious testing. I'm a pretty heavy gamer and I'm ranked highly on a busy public server.

So take that tripe back ;)

Yes I have used one, interfered all the time with other stuff as well. RF>*

Soldato
OP
Energize said:
Yes I have used one, interfered all the time with other stuff as well. RF>*
I cant speak for the BT based mice, but Logitech RF mice, like the MX700, MX1000 & G7 are all completely lag free.
And im very confident in saying that people who say there is lag is talking rubbish and are being influenced by the phycology of there being lag. In other words, bigger imaginations than GeorgeLucas! :p

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
I cant speak for the BT based mice, but Logitech RF mice, like the MX700, MX1000 & G7 are all completely lag free.
And im very confident in saying that people who say there is lag is talking rubbish and are being influenced by the phycology of there being lag. In other words, bigger imaginations than GeorgeLucas! :p

Like you said they are rf not bluetooth, which as I already said rf>*

Back
Top Bottom