BMW M3 as a daily vs i4 M50

Soldato
The plan isn’t to give up on oil either, the plan is to stop burning as much of it as possible. Extracting it for plastic etc. is still entirely sensible.

Let’s be realistic, we are not de-carbonising maritime traffic or aviation any time soon.

Soldato
OP
Zenith through my employer salary sacrifice (40% rate)
Only offering 24 or 36months.

tbh having a look a iPace HSE is only a bit more and I’d rather one of them

Hi mate, quick question if you don't mind

Do you work for the NHS? I'm going to talk to the lease company tomorrow, but they are miles off your price.

Man of Honour
If it's Castrol (based on location) / BP then they seemed remarkably un-bad when I was recently contracting there, very committed to carbon neutrality. Obviously they want to avoid being left behind like Kodak, but nevertheless it was a far cry from what one might expect from an oil&gas giant. Not surprised they would be pushing <50g/km vehicles for their staff.

Soldato
OP
Did you have any luck. For info Zenith quoted 43 weeks lead time on i4. (Mini 44 weeks).

Kind of. They have done some discount, but I sent over a pretty well loaded spec. Thanks for the screenshot you sent me.

M-Sport seats, park assist pro, shadowline bits, heated steering wheel £640 a month

Associate
Honestly I think if you are humming on it already then you should probably just get the cheaper one. I bought a Tesla S with the performance stuff to compliment my Porsche and honestly it's good enough. Yes it's not as pure, misses the outrageous soundtrack etc....but realistically who actually cares? It's comfortable still has performance to make good time etc. 99% of the time it's good enough.

Only the fact its convertible is the reason why the Porsche stays as well.

Do you, "really" want the hassle and cost of more?

Soldato
M3, I imagine it'd be worth more than the i4 if you ever come to sell it too if that helps your head over heart decision :D
Don’t think I would hold any hopes of ICEs holding value well in future. The M3 may be just around the line for something special that might hold its value a bit better than other cars but it’s no Ferrari. ICEs as daily drivers will soon have their days numbered and will be very challenging economically to keep running.

Back
Top Bottom