BO55 ....

Soldato
Most private plates scream ****** to me. I especially laugh when i see them on crap like Nissan Jukes. I mean seriously, get a decent car and dont bother with the plate.
Yeah screw them and their valuable appreciating asset. Why don't they ***** all that money on something that depreciates really rapidly! Idiots!

Soldato
It also doesn't mean they are appreciating? Most plates do not go up in value after purchase.
We can split hairs till the cows come home. Certain cherished plates are worth a fortune and continue to rise in value. Others are only worth what the original owners were willing to pay. Not sure what triggered you tbh

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
We can split hairs till the cows come home. Certain cherished plates are worth a fortune and continue to rise in value. Others are only worth what the original owners were willing to pay. Not sure what triggered you tbh

Triggered me? You're the one throwing ****s around - I'm just pointing out that private plates are in general, not an 'investment' at all.

Of course some plates go up in value. The majority don't - that is the point.

Soldato
Triggered me? You're the one throwing ****s around - I'm just pointing out that private plates are in general, not an 'investment' at all.

Of course some plates go up in value. The majority don't - that is the point.
You must have been confused if you thought the poster was saying he could sell his plate for less than he bought it to buy a car better than a juke :cry::cry::cry:

Man of Honour
Doesn't particularly bother me, I tend to a look at number plates a lot when I'm out so the odd 'l33t' plate breaks up the monotony of just seeing how old cars are.

Soldato
My favourite local private reg is a full fat LWB Range Rover with ‘LE55 TAX’. What a lad.

There’s also some knob in Bradford on Avon with several ferraris under ‘1 BTL’ ‘2 BTL’ and so on.

Associate
These legitimately look so crap. Hopefully they'll be illegal one day.
They supposedly being made illegal from September this year.

3D and the 4D ones are being made illegal (praise the lord) I was never one for them either. Pressed Metal 3D fine, I have them on my Fabia VRS (even though they were on when I bought it, but they are much nicer and cleaner looking then the gel/ plastic ones)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
They supposedly being made illegal from September this year.

3D and the 4D ones are being made illegal (praise the lord) I was never one for them either. Pressed Metal 3D fine, I have them on my Fabia VRS (even though they were on when I bought it, but they are much nicer and cleaner looking then the gel/ plastic ones)

Don't believe pressed metal are legal either - though I admit I quite like the look, too.

Back
Top Bottom