Boardgame enthusiast

Associate
Hello,

My name is Victor and I recently moved to the UK. I've been a huge fan of boardgames, but sadly I never had the people around me to play with.
I am currently based in Grimsby, but I am happy to travel in order to meet new people and play games.
I have very strong interest in cards against humanity, D&D and so on.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

Kind regards,

Soldato
Try meetup.com as there are a lot of social groups on there, very useful for meeting like minded people if you do not have a people to play with.
It caters for all sorts of hobbies and interests.

Associate
OP
Try meetup.com as there are a lot of social groups on there, very useful for meeting like minded people if you do not have a people to play with.
It caters for all sorts of hobbies and interests.

I have been reviewing that website recently, have joined a few groups, asked a few questions - but so far nothing. I will start going to events soon and see if that helps :) Thank you!

Soldato
You might also be lucky enough to have a local board games store, they will have events running occasionally. You tend to find them in University cities.

Associate
I'm all the way down in Cornwall which is probably a bit far to travel for some gaming.

I know of a couple of possible places in Sheffield if that's not too far to travel for you...
Patriot Games does gaming in the evenings on weekdays with different games each day: http://www.patriotgames.ltd.uk/content/256/About-Us/
There's also The Treehouse in Sheffield which along with having tables that can be booked have a schedule of events going on through the year: https://www.treehousesheffield.com/events?view=calendar&month=01-2020

The UK Games Expo in Birmingham would likely be a good event to save to your calendar to lots of fans of boardgames, play some new games and spend all your money on building your collection.

Associate
OP
Thank you, guys.
I have been reviewing quite a lot of websites, I have found several places where they play, sadly all far away, but hey, will see what happens :)

thank you very much!

Soldato
I see you've already posted in BoardgameGeek's England gaming groups forum. That would have been my suggestion. :D

I don't see that, but someone named Andrew Alcock has advertised his gaming group in Grimsby this morning and that's exactly what InsanitySpark is after. It may not be a coincidence. :D

Associate
OP
I don't see that, but someone named Andrew Alcock has advertised his gaming group in Grimsby this morning and that's exactly what InsanitySpark is after. It may not be a coincidence. :D
I am pretty sure it is, as I have nothing to do with Andrew, I've been looking for his post, but I might be a bit lost. Ah, well, haha.

Back
Top Bottom