Boiler temperature

Soldato
I really wouldn't worry about it! Sounds like you spoke to someone having a bad day.
The burner seal was only an issue on the early models, (made from rubber) which would perish very quickly and allow heat to escape causing damage. For the past few years the seal has been made from graphite and is best left alone apart from a visual check.

But even so, if you keep the servicing up to date, your warranty will cover any faults as long as they are not the result of bad installation or cowboy servicing or misuse.

Soldato
OP
I really wouldn't worry about it! Sounds like you spoke to someone having a bad day.
The burner seal was only an issue on the early models, (made from rubber) which would perish very quickly and allow heat to escape causing damage. For the past few years the seal has been made from graphite and is best left alone apart from a visual check.

But even so, if you keep the servicing up to date, your warranty will cover any faults as long as they are not the result of bad installation or cowboy servicing or misuse.

Cool, thanks. That puts my mind at rest. :)

Associate
4. On an average heating system, the Delta T is usually around 10c. Therefore set your boiler flow temp to around 65c and it'll be close to it's most efficient.

My worcester boiler (CDI42) has a digital gauge on the boiler i assume it is the internal temperature boiler are you saying that this needs to be reading 65c then?

Associate
I've got a valiant ecotec plus 415.
The problem I have is on a morning when it fires up to warm the water in the tank... It stops and starts easily half a dozen times stopping each time for 15secs and fires up again only for say 30 seconds till the tank water is up to temperature.
Is there a sensor of some sort faulty??
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom