Bombs sent to Obama, Clintons & CNN

Caporegime
Has the US far right been secretly breeding idiots while everyone else was getting on with furthering their lives? This is a whole other level of stupid, it must be test tube made!

He's the textbook definition of sanity compared to some of the nutters I've seen around the internet. America has a gift for cultivating fruitcakes of the worst kind. It's a byproduct of their founding myth.

Soldato
I think I'll frame this and put it on the wall in my loo so I can enjoy it over and over again.

:D :D :D

I'll concede that it's probably a crazed Trump supporter, bad people on both sides, never denied that.

But I'll be back once the FISA's get released and the whole Mueller thing blows up in your face, then I'll be wallpapering my house with your mouth frothing posts claiming otherwise

Caporegime
Muslim blows up a bus; not all Muslims are terrorists.
Trump supporter sends bombs; all Trump supporters are terrorists.

If you must resort to silly comparisons at least be a little more sensible. Rather than Muslims how about someone like Abu Hamza and his supporters.

It’s a more legitimate comparison, both promote hate and violence against others and in both cases supporters have directly enacted what is being promoted.

Unless of course we want to start arguing about people with “right” leanings, which is more comparable to your Muslim example. Then again it’s argued by plenty on this forum that the “left” are to blame for everything organisations like BLM and Antifa do so...

Caporegime
Has the US far right been secretly breeding idiots while everyone else was getting on with furthering their lives? This is a whole other level of stupid, it must be test tube made!

Most “terrorists”, mass killers and extremists generally have mental/social issues. It’s not really something that’s exclusive to one “side”.

If you deviate from the “norm” that much in one factor then it’s probably not the only one. Let’s make a guess that he’s disaffected, poorly educated, isolated and disillusioned with society.

Soldato
Most “terrorists”, mass killers and extremists generally have mental/social issues. It’s not really something that’s exclusive to one “side”.

If you deviate from the “norm” that much in one factor then it’s probably not the only one. Let’s make a guess that he’s disaffected, poorly educated, isolated and disillusioned with society.

Yes, the extremists on opposite sides have more in common with each other than with decent society. The problem is, how do we "bring them back"?

Caporegime
Yes, the extremists on opposite sides have more in common with each other than with decent society. The problem is, how do we "bring them back"?

The first thing is not lying to them. When you have people who aren't well educated (often but not always) who are told lies all their lives so they can believe the other people are ruining everything and maybe killing them is the way forwards, that's the thing. Not lying to them in the first place.

This guy's issue isn't that he's got a problem, it's that he's got a problem AND republicans have been lying to him for decades blaming the left, blaming democrats and more recently the people who listens to have been promoting violence against the left.

Without being told democrats are the problem and without Trump telling him the media are the enemy... he's just be unhappy and or/stupid, he wouldn't feel like his ills were caused by the media/left so he wouldn't go hey, the fix might be to attack the media/left.

It's people who take advantage of these people who are the root cause of these problems, they take advantage of lack of intelligence and understanding and convince them to fight for their cause.

Back
Top Bottom