• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Boost performance on a gaming laptop 4k screen with HDMI dummy plug?

Associate
Both of my GPU's work all the time, but Intel's load is 80-90% when playing games and Nvidia's is 20-30%. Whatever I do, I can't change that.
I did all the things you did in various options....

I wouldn't worry about what he said, looks like he only joined the site to go on about how good his own system is, as his post contains nothing of any help to you whatsoever.

Is it worth trying another brand of dummy plug? Or trying a HDMI extension cable with the dummy plug on the end? Reason I suggest this is it's cheap to try and the HDMI port on the laptop may need to sense some resistance from a cable to fully enable the dedicated GPU.

Associate
OP
Is it worth trying another brand of dummy plug? Or trying a HDMI extension cable with the dummy plug on the end? Reason I suggest this is it's cheap to try and the HDMI port on the laptop may need to sense some resistance from a cable to fully enable the dedicated GPU.

I got the one which appears all over Ebay and Amazon, golden with 4k UHD insignia on it.
Anyway, I tried your way, hooking it up to a 5m HDMI cable. Nothing changed. Maybe it would be better if I could select to "project to second screen only" but when I select that I get a blank screen because it is projecting to the HDMI dummy plug and not to other screen. I tried duplicating the screen - made it worse. I tried extending the screen - the stats were the same as without HDMI dummy plug.

The problem is that Nvidia isn't utilising its full potential. This is a screen shot i made right after I exited Fifa 19 on 4k graphics and forced 60 fps. True FPS was around 20.

kF2dgDv

kF2dgDv.png
kF2dgDv

Back
Top Bottom