Boot Drive EFI issue

Associate
Hey there. I have an irritating issue which im not really sure how to solve. Essentially I have windows installed on my M2 drive but somehow the EFI or MBR, whatever poitns windows to the actual install is on a seperate SSD on my system, probably because it has an old install of windows on it too. What im wondering is, can I move or create an EFI...thing...so the machine detects windows on the M2 when it boots without having to have the old SSD in the machine to point it in the right direction? Thanks.

PS I also have GRUB on another old SSD that I want to remove, wrong forum but if anyone knows how to get shot of that too that would be nice.

Associate
OP
I created an EFI partition on the M2 drive and ran the following: bcdboot c:\windows /s c:

However windows boot manager is still on the SSD and I can't boot from the M2 (without the SSD).

Associate
OP
Soldato
Not at the moment, I've been manually choosing it, but when I select to boot from it it just chucks me back to the boot devices menu again.
I did have it set as primary boot device but it always moves to the next option.
Did you try easybcd?
It should let you add a new entry
Then set it as default
Then delete it
Once tested it works

Associate
OP
Just tried. All it does is add another windows boot option. I still need to boot off the SSD rather than the M2 to get to those windows boot options. The issue must be higher up.

Also to clarify the post above, I'm referring to the boot options in the BIOS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom