Boot loop with 2 sticks of RAM in

Associate
Hi guys,

I was using my PC just fine on Saturday night with no problems. Shut it down as normal at end of the night.

Went to boot it on Sunday morning and it would not boot into Windows 10.

It gets to the black screen with the blue Windows image, does one half spin on the 'loading graphic' then everything powers off and it does it again, over and over and won't get any further.
Occasionally it says 'preparing to repair install' with the blue Windows image but then boot loops again.

So after much unimportant fault finding, I've discovered that the PC will not boot with 2 sticks of RAM installed, where it did before without issue.
XMP profile is enabled. The RAM is Corsair Vengence 1600mhz ddr3.

I was experiencing some electrical shorts some while back when i rebuilt my PC into a new case but then rebuilt everything again and it never did it again and has been working fine for weeks.

Now this.

Question - is it likely to be the 2 RAM sticks for some reason can't work when used together or maybe some damage was done to the motherboard memory controller some time ago that is now manifesting? Thanks

Associate
OP
So, update - i managed to get 2x 4gb ddr3 sticks from my brother and the PC boots fine with those installed. Its just the 2x8gb Corsair Vengence ddr3 that it isn't happy with but was previously.

Anyone know what might cause them to not work together now?

Back
Top Bottom