Boots

Soldato
I've been wearing Altberg Clubman Classics since 2005 but they are now getting very long in the tooth.
They have refurbished them for me in the past but I think they are ripe (literally!) for replacement now.

The obvious path to take would be another set but there is a 4-6 lead time on them meaning I'd be facing a large portion of winter in the current boots which are getting painful to wear, or switching to my cheapo Gericke summer boots and having wet feet each day.

Anyone got any suggetions for alternatives?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle_ClubClas.jsp

You can see the very plain style of the boots, and I like this. I'm not a power ranger and prefer plain boots.
Leather isn't essential, but having over 5 years of bone dry feet in some atrocious conditions has spoiled me somewhat. I don't want to consider anything inferior.

Any suggestions up to approx £150?

Soldato
Sidi Black Rain?

I am looking for a replacement to my 7 month old ones, they are meant to be waterproof but in really bad weather my left foot gets wet. I have read good reviews of the Sidi ones but i found them quite narrow and tight round the ankle though I have quite wide feet!

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Don't know what size you are but there is a pair of Uvex Donington's on fleabay, size 43.. Worn a few times but in very good condition. They where donated to a ccm forum to raise money for one of the lads there who got hit head on by some tool cager who couldn't stick to his own side of the road. This lad was really bashed up badly and has lost his right arm. So far folk have raised just over £2,500 for him, a few companys have also donated parts and misc items :cool:

Anyhow atm they are up for £19.99 + £7 postage.. If they are the right size, they would perhaps tide you over 'till you get the boots you wanted.

Soldato
Try the Daytona range of boots. Handmade, very expensive but brilliant boots ;) And not 'power rangery' at all ;) Worth every penny IMO

Daytona also do a slightly cheaper range for Heine Gericke (both German) but same quality, probably what I would have gone for but I have wide feet and calves, the only leather boots I could find to fit were the HG Rallye GTX which are good. I wouldn't go plastic (microfibre) again the squeaking got to be a real PITA and they don't give as much as leather.

Soldato
er.... boots are a personal thing but without a doubt for me:

Sidi Vertigos.

Had Sidi Vertebrae 1, Sidi Vertebrae 2 and now on Sidi Vertigo.

Reason being without having the Vertebrae 2 i think i would have lost the bottom of my leg. i broke every main bone in my leg(tib/fib/femur etc) but the boots saved enough to rebuild it!

So i bought some vertigos..... then lobbed it first time racing lol.

Soldato
OP
I tried on loads of the suggestions above but can't get anything that feels as good as my Altbergs. I ended up getting them refurbished. Now the agonising 6 week wait using my summer leaky Gericke boots :(

Last edited:
Associate
RST Vortex is what I have as my day to day and winter boots. Comfortable and I've not had a leak in the last year with them including regular 450mile round trips to cornwall to see my bro. Only time i've had wet feet was when i rode trhough about 2ft of water

Back
Top Bottom