Booya! Dell Axim x51v :D

My old axim x30 stopped working so i need a new one for my in car satnav, i take it you would recommend it? Ive read lots of review on this particular model but another persons opinion couldnt hurt :)

iwrox said:
My old axim x30 stopped working so i need a new one for my in car satnav, i take it you would recommend it? Ive read lots of review on this particular model but another persons opinion couldnt hurt :)
Well i havent used it for gps as i guess id need an perhipheral to do that. But im sure it would be great.

VGA screen tom tom is awesome quality, the standalone unit dont come anywhere close to the quality of this thing, its lush

sid

Got myself one of these about 3 months ago, Also purchased TOM TOM 5 and a Bluetooth GPS reciever, It is brilliant, You can also udjust the screen to true VGA with a little software app, You can find out everything you want to know here...

http://www.aximsite.com/whatcanidowithmyaxim/

I would deffinatly recommend it, Best gadget buy i have purchased for ages, Use it everyday, Also got myslef a 6gb CFcard which i have stored loads of music and movies on, the one thing i would say about it is that it is a right pain to remove this card from the rear.

Colbaker said:
Got myself one of these about 3 months ago, Also purchased TOM TOM 5 and a Bluetooth GPS reciever, It is brilliant, You can also udjust the screen to true VGA with a little software app, You can find out everything you want to know here...

http://www.aximsite.com/whatcanidowithmyaxim/

I would deffinatly recommend it, Best gadget buy i have purchased for ages, Use it everyday, Also got myslef a 6gb CFcard which i have stored loads of music and movies on, the one thing i would say about it is that it is a right pain to remove this card from the rear.
6gigs?

On a card? :eek: I didnt even know that was possible. How much was that bad boy?

m3csl2004 said:
its gets eaten up quickly with high waulity vga video :D (do this - looks excellent)

edit: jesus that is a good price Oo
Yep:D

Battery life is kinda sucky:(
Must get some mahoosive battery.

Colbaker said:
Also i believe there is a 12gb one out now as well.
Jeebus. :eek:

Gotta get me one of them.
What kind of battery lenght would I be getting from an uprated one? Using wifi or when just sitting on low power(2004mhz or whatever)

Mic said:
Jeebus. :eek:

Gotta get me one of them.
What kind of battery lenght would I be getting from an uprated one? Using wifi or when just sitting on low power(2004mhz or whatever)

You mean mah, pdas are usually supplied with 1100-1500mah batteries upgradeable to something like 3600mah without having to get a battery that attaches to the pda frame. Wifi uses a lot of power you probably wouldnt get more than 2-3hours when using it, on lowest power consumption you should get at least 10 hours using the supplied battery.

There isnt much point in having it on doing nothing though when it can just turn off into sleep mode.

Last edited:
Energize said:
You mean mah, pdas are usually supplied with 1100-1500mah batteries upgradeable to something like 3600mah without having to get a battery that attached to the pda frame. Wifi uses a lot of power you probably wouldnt get more than 2-3hours when using it.
I actually meant 204mhz :o
Which i think is the battery saving option.
I only use wifi at home and the chargers never far away, so its not a bother really.

Back
Top Bottom