• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bought a < £60 1050ti from China. Let's see what it's all about.

Caporegime
Haha, well it most certainly isn't a 1050Ti (They all have 4x1gb ram modules as well).

I too am interested to know what it actually is!

Come on OP, put us out of our misery :D

Soldato
He's under NDA. NV don't want it known it's a prototype for their new budget range, stolen from a factory. They're aiming to cut costs by using an old parts bin and just slapping in a new processor and memory.....and it'll still be faster than AMD's top end next gen :p

Man of Honour
OP
Don't... last night I found out that ati flash and flashed cards aren't too keen on 1803 so this morning am building a pc just so I can flash a card that is causing me problems. Today lads I promise.

In the mean time it's time to get building... all this because ati flash doesn't work on 1803 and all my machines have been updated, mind you at least ill have a build that I can just throw together for any card without messing around :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So a little update, shows up in windows at 1050ti, install the latest nvidia drivers... nothing, the card is not installed properly. The same as all sketchy things it comes with a burned dvd with some driver files and of course I haven't had a machine with a dvd drive in forever. I had to dig out a really old XP laptop which took about 20 mins to boot then another 20 mins to copy files off of the dvd onto a usb key but now the drivers are installing so lets see what we get. For anybody out there wondering should I buy some sketchy gpu? At this point the answer is probably not. :D

And the results are in gpuz lies to me:

fsv.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Bus width and bandwidth, the number of shaders and the pixel fillrate would be right for a 550ti but the texture fill rate is way down for one of those even (maybe not picked up properly with the clocks/fudged other info).

Definitely looks to me like a 450 PCB with a 550(ti) core on it (perfectly possible as the 500 series were drop in compatible).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Ill fire it back up in a bit, im using the TV now to watch some f1 while i look for parts to repair my rx570 looks like a ghetto mod is in order.

Associate
Loving this.

Similar scenario as my " 7960X " purchase in the CPU forum.

Did it run VGA Doom at more than 60 fps ? :D

Back
Top Bottom