Bought a laptop then price drops down :(

int

int

Soldato
I'd bought an Acer 7730 from the purple shirt store for £440 on Monday after being convinced it wouldn't drop in price any further, only to find that it's now at £399 in the same store as well as another well known electrical store.

Is it possible to return the laptop and buy it new at the new price or do I just accept that I've paid the extra £40? :(

int

int

Soldato
OP
It was a belated birthday present & pre-emptive christmas present as both are quite close together.

Search for "7730" on the purple shirt website to find it. I think I'll just put up with the £40 loss and be happy hah :)

Associate
Simply say it was an unwanted xmas gift, Get a friend/family member to buy it for you within the space of a few minutes.. £40 better in your pocket than theirs :D

Associate
If the shop you bought it from still has stock, then all you need to do is take your receipt and credit/debit card to the store, ask them to Price Match the stores current price and they will refund the difference.

If they are out of stock, but the other well known store you mention has stock (and is within 30 miles), they will Price Match them and refund the difference.

The Price Match Promise is only valid for 7 days from date of purchase, so you need to go in before monday.:)

Soldato
I'm in the same situation, I also got a new netbook from that store and the price dropped £30 on Christmas day, I went in and asked what my options were, they said I could return/refund and re-buy but they wouldn't refund the difference. For £30 I couldn't be bothered seeing as i had spent time setting it up and would have to go through all that again.

But the cheeky buggers never even mentioned the price match policy, luckily for them I got it on the 15th so doesn't apply to me. :(

Associate
Simply say it was an unwanted xmas gift, Get a friend/family member to buy it for you within the space of a few minutes.. £40 better in your pocket than theirs :D

Bring it back and get a friend or family member to walk in on you taking it back and say they will buy it for £350 as its a used model :p

Back
Top Bottom