Braided lines?

Soldato
What are the best/cheapest brands?

HEL? Goodridge? Cobra? Wezmoto?

Wezmoto look like a good kit however I've not heard of them compared to Goodridge which are twice the price.

Bike is CBR600FX - always used race setups, never across the mudguard setting.

Man of Honour
I have used HEL on 3 bikes and I've been very happy with the quality and price. The banjos and bolts have been really solid and resistant to corrosion.

I don't think it would be possible to detect a difference in performance between different brands.

Soldato
OP
Cool.
I know Arfull unless you are racing they are mainly looks and being an ex-racer I'm a bit keen on maintenance lol. The old hoses could be 20yrs old so I'm wary about how rubber degrades especially under pressure.

Soldato
I've got HELs on the SV. Tbh got told it would make a massive improvement, felt no different. Change your hoses if they are/look old or you want the looks but don't assume you'll gain perfs...

Agreed. I've got Venhill lines on my race bike and the original 14 year old rubber lines on my road bike. With fresh fluid in both setups there's no difference in performance.

I think when most people change over from rubber to braided lines the difference in performance they notice is the fact they've now got fresh fluid in the system not the 6 year+ old treacle :D

Soldato
Wezmoto lines are made by a chap called Wez in the Hel factory using the same parts so you're getting the same quality as Hel but at a lower price.

Soldato
The Venhill hoses have the advantage of the banjos being separate parts and the hoses have fitting to screw onto the end of the banjo. This means you can install your hoses without any twist in them, or alternatively add some twist to improve the routing. The others have fixed banjos which can makes getting neat routing a little tricky.

Also when comparing prices note that HEL, Wezmoto and Venhill use only stainless fittings, but Googridge uses zinc plated steel for their lower cost lines.

Man of Honour
The OEM will have a single line from the MC down to a splitter above the mud guard and then lines branching off to the calipers. The race setup will have 2 lines coming from the MC one to each caliper.

Unless you're planning on racing and need the race setup to pass the rules and regs I'd just go with the OEM setup.

Man of Honour
You'll still be able to do track days if you ever fancy it with the OEM set up it's just actual racing that requires the race line set up :)

Back
Top Bottom