Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2019, São Paulo - Race 20/21

Rate the 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Man of Honour
All the media outlets expecting Red Bull to be at the front next season? It won't happen. They've frequently replaced their engines this year so they are fresher than the rest and have had more updates. Mercedes will be miles ahead next year, we've barely seen an upgrade from them since the summer. Once again Ferrari's pace is nowhere - funny how they went from a series of poles and untouchable pace to nowhere after the technical directives.

Soldato
All the media outlets expecting Red Bull to be at the front next season? It won't happen. They've frequently replaced their engines this year so they are fresher than the rest and have had more updates. Mercedes will be miles ahead next year, we've barely seen an upgrade from them since the summer. Once again Ferrari's pace is nowhere - funny how they went from a series of poles and untouchable pace to nowhere after the technical directives.

Agree, I too have seen the Redbull Honda hype, but as you say, it's the end of the season. As much as I want to see disruption with the top teams, I can see both Mercedes and Ferrari coming back next year and being the top two outright.

2021 however, is another story entirely.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Next year is Red Bull Honda's best calculated chance to get Max his title (and be crowned the youngest ever WDC), so I expect they have been focussed on that for part of this season already. They have speculated as much in the press recently too.

Hype or not, I'd love to see it personally, with some actual racing involved not just running away from pole as per. I imagine if he was in contention but it was close, he would crumble with pressure and make too many aggressive mistakes and throw it away.

Man of Honour
I imagine if he was in contention but it was close, he would crumble with pressure and make too many aggressive mistakes and throw it away.

I suspect the same. His mentality of driving other cars off the track just wouldn't work.

Aren't Red Bull also losing Newey?

I'd be shocked if Ferrari and Mercedes weren't the teams to beat. It happens every season - and then by the end of the season they know the championship is wrapped up and switch development to the following year. All of a sudden Red Bull are in the mix for some wins - when it doesn't matter.

Soldato
Haven't Red Bull "lost" Newey every season for the last 5 or something? Every year he decides to go off and build the fastest ever boat, or train or whatever, and then within a few weeks of the start of the season, he is back at the GP.

Associate
Next year is Red Bull Honda's best calculated chance to get Max his title (and be crowned the youngest ever WDC), so I expect they have been focussed on that for part of this season already. They have speculated as much in the press recently too.

Hype or not, I'd love to see it personally, with some actual racing involved not just running away from pole as per. I imagine if he was in contention but it was close, he would crumble with pressure and make too many aggressive mistakes and throw it away.
He's a young driver so that aggressive driving style will need to be refined and channelled. That comes with experience.

Back
Top Bottom