Breakdown of Virgin Media Bill

Soldato
Your package
Big Bang Bundle
Voice Mail Talk Weekends Full House TV (XL) TiVo Monthly Fee VIVID 100 Optical Fibre
Big Bang Bundle total
£53.73
Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental

Phone line rental total
£19.00
Your package total
£72.73
Usage charges
View details Telephone calls for xxxxxxxxxxxxx (excl VAT)
Calls below your itemisation threshold (default - calls below 50p) £2.06
Calls above your itemisation threshold (default - calls above 50p) £3.76
VAT Amount
(VAT on Telephone calls charged at 20% on £5.82) £1.16
Telephone Calls Total
£6.98
Usage charges Total
£6.98

Looks a bit pricey per month to me. Its my Dad's bill I think he's phoned up for a better deal before but this doesn't look like a discount.

I just found the main account holder's email so I could login. I asked over on VM forums if I could change my email and alias round but they said its been impossible for 7 years since vm took over from blueyonder!

Soldato
VM didn't 'take over', they discontinued the blueyonder brand for legal reasons when Blueyonder did a reverse buy out on NTL to preserve the Flextech partnership with the BBC and then they licensed the Virgin brand, then sold the Flextech subsidiary to Sky which negated all leverage over content pricing, a shame as it made decent money for them as well. At that point historic blueyonder email addresses were preserved, but changes can't be made.

As to his bill, have a look at the current prices/bundles, find out if he's in contract and what he actually uses. Pointless paying for a non basic TV package if he doesn't use it etc. then look at what he can get elsewhere and make a call to the retentions team.

Back
Top Bottom