Breaking Bad Movie - "El Camino"

Soldato
Good but sooooooo underwhelming...
I'm not sure what I wanted but I wanted more than this, when it ended I thought it was a joke.
Felt like it was only an hour long.

Man of Honour
Good but sooooooo underwhelming...
I'm not sure what I wanted but I wanted more than this, when it ended I thought it was a joke.
Felt like it was only an hour long.

Yeah the trailers and pre-amble made it look like it was building to something - but it just kind of hits a flat line after the first half. I was surprised when I noticed it was nearly over as it barely felt like an hour and it had barely got going.

Soldato
Got bored of it quickly but persevered, I was expecting a lot more from it so quite disappointed

Couldn’t help but notice each time Todd was in a scene he had gained a few stone

Soldato
OP
I really quite enjoyed that, a natural progression to the story that didn't feel forced and just flowed along well.

Glad they showed a little more what Jesse went through as a prisoner, that part of S5 felt quite rushed. Todd is quite scary in that he has an almost infant quality without any real sense of right/wrong.

Caporegime
I watched this last night and cannot understand how anyone in their right mind or as rational human beings can give it 1/10. It is designed purely to give closure on Jesse and it does that with aplomb. The flashbacks were skillfully done and brought back the nightmare psycho trauma of the chilling Todd as well as ultimately painting Jesses friends in a very good light. At worst this movie, judged on its goals, is 6/10. As a fan of BB I personally give it 8/10 and see it as essential viewing for any BB fan. The acting is good, it is well-written, it is a fitting tribute.

No ******* idea what this BBC reviewer was smoking, but sounds like he had just taken a dislike to BB in general http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20191011-el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie-is-a-colossal-waste-of-time

Got bored of it quickly but persevered, I was expecting a lot more from it so quite disappointed

Couldn’t help but notice each time Todd was in a scene he had gained a few stone

Todd has put on a ton of weight, watch Fargo. His performance however was as brilliant as before.

Yeah the trailers and pre-amble made it look like it was building to something - but it just kind of hits a flat line after the first half. I was surprised when I noticed it was nearly over as it barely felt like an hour and it had barely got going.

It's a story-driven film, what do you want, constant explosions? It deals with the escape and aftermath of the trauma Jesse suffered and is designed purely to give an ending that offers Jesse some glimmer of hope and redemption after all that he has suffered. Whether you feel he deserves it is another matter, but I think that he does.

Last edited:
Soldato
It blatantly isn't crap. Maybe a bit superfluous, but certainly not crap.

Breaking bad had a perfect ending in my opinion. It didn't really need this extra tacked on double episode. Enjoyed it enough all the same though.

I just don't understand why they made it. It added nothing to the breaking bad story...and I was a huge fan of the series.

Regarding the actual film itself, awful, in my opinion of course.

Kinda reminded me of when they made those only fools and horses episodes after they won the money. No need.

Soldato
Watched last night, thought it was just ok, as some have already said the movie wasn't really needed, it didn't really add anything to the story.

It started ok and there was a few good scenes, also if you haven't watched the series it's not worth while watching this movie before you have.

Overall I would give it a 6/10.

Soldato
Watched it last night and it was 'ok' it didn't really add anything to the BB storyline, the cinematography was great and you could see the filming style from BCS here.

I was looking forward to the Alaska storyline and thought we'd get a quick recap then him moving up there.

Man of Honour
Quite enjoyed it. Just a little fleshing out of Jessie’s ending and ultimately a nostalgia trip with the return of a few characters and nods here and there.

It was everything I expected it to be. Not sure what everyone else was expecting.

Soldato
Quite enjoyed it. Just a little fleshing out of Jessie’s ending and ultimately a nostalgia trip with the return of a few characters and nods here and there.

It was everything I expected it to be. Not sure what everyone else was expecting.

My thoughts exactly - I was happy with the original's ending but this was a great reminder of the series and didn't attempt to re-invent the storyline or be too overly dramatic!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Was very good, the music, the pacing, the dialogue and a look at what was going on whilst we watched the other side during the series final season.

Man of Honour
Enjoyed that. I didn't expect too much of it as it's hard to repeat the success of BB and the chemistry of the characters who have worked together for a long period. But I thought it was very good. Good pacing as mentioned.

Soldato
The editing, the acting, all spot on. Some parts seemed a little long, some almost unnecessary, but was enjoyable. Don't think I'll ever give it a re-watch though.

Tragic to hear about Robert Forster also. Was brilliant in his part as Ed 'The Disappearer'.

Back
Top Bottom