Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Your talking rubbish again saying I've said something which I haven't.

My opinion is that if someone moves to another country, marries and has kids, then it turns out the spouse and kids are not eligible to come back to the UK, that is their problem, they knew what they were doing, it isn't something that just happens, we should not have to give the spouse and kids the right to live here.

I work with a few foreigners that are skilled and qualified, who worked hard just so that they could live here. That is the kind of people we need.

The spouse should not automatically be given the right to live here too if all they did to deserve it was marry the right person. If they want to bring their family along, they need to be earning enough that the costs to taxpayers, education, healthcare etc. are offset.

There are plenty of british couples where only the man works, why is it different if a foreign persons comes over and the couple do exactly the same?

The 'kids' are also British if one parent is british.

There is no automatic right to live here either, there is an immigration system and visa application that requires a lot of information, testing and finances.

Soldato
It's not that simple. A healthy childless man earning £28k is taking less from society than a man with an lifelong medical condition earning £38k with two kids is.

Yep. This is why the immigration figures are also distorted. The £35/40k argument is based on your full life time monetary cost to the treasury. A healthy adult arriving in the UK at 20-25, who finds employment will be contributing if they are earning far less than £35k. They have been through the health/education system at home, and young people on the whole don't get sick. Their cost is virtually nothing, especially if they head back home after a few years as many of them do. In purely financial terms, immigration is a no brainier.

Soldato
Can we still avoid this by not triggering A50?

Definitely! Triggering A50 is what will cause the sun to start an inexorable chain reaction, culminating in the destruction of the solar system

Six6siX said:
Bloody Sun. Comin' over here and destroying our way of life. We should have a referendum on membership of the Solar System #takebackcontrol

:D

And at the exact moment that A50 is signed the markets world over will drop and UK will be in an even worse state and will take many years of recovery if at all, And when it hit's the leavers pockets it will be a different story. It's not project fear but project reality.

I don't think we'll hear a peep out of the leavers, as pretty much to a man they said they were happy to have less money in their pockets (for a short time) to get back their sovereignty! ;)

Soldato
Tell that to the poor, disadvantaged, unemployed and having to use food banks.

Aye, just wait 'till stagflation bites.

The banking crash, followed by austerity, followed by Brexit will still be being taught in schools in 100 years as yet another paradigm of economic stupidity.

I hope it's taught in economics rather than history.

Soldato
Your premise is rubbish because you massively exaggerate with your talk of effectively banning people from coming home. THEY make the choice to marry somebody in another nation, THEY live with the consequences. If somebody has already taken the massive step to live and work somewhere else for a considerable period of time they are committing themselves to anything they do over there.

A family of dependents brings no benefit to the nation at all. What we need is people who bring benefits with them not more problems.

I've already said skilled workers could bring a family if they are loaded or the spouse has skills too.

Phil what you suggest is complete nonsense.

Stop digging holes. Seriously look at what you posted its unworkable drivel.

Soldato
Your premise is rubbish because you massively exaggerate with your talk of effectively banning people from coming home. THEY make the choice to marry somebody in another nation, THEY live with the consequences. If somebody has already taken the massive step to live and work somewhere else for a considerable period of time they are committing themselves to anything they do over there.

A family of dependents brings no benefit to the nation at all. What we need is people who bring benefits with them not more problems.

I've already said skilled workers could bring a family if they are loaded or the spouse has skills too.

So if you once move abroad you can't come back? I moved countries 3 times, I like my freedom. People like you should try it too and open they're eyes to see the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom