Brightest backlit Keyboard

Associate
looking a new keyboard for my 80 year old father, as due to a ongoing eye problem he has trouble seeing the keys on the current keyboard, the nature of his eye problem means the brighter the keys are the better

Soldato
Yes rgb is probably a good suggestion
Some people have trouble
Focusing on certain colours
Blue leds for me are hard to focus
So being able to try different colours
For him would be good
I use corsair strafe pretty bright

Associate
On the back of this, are there any high brightness keyboards with white back-lights, or as close to white as possible? I was going to ask a similar question but didn't want to open a new, almost identical question. thanks.

Associate
ive got a red led corsair k70, its an older model i guess they should still be available. Its stupidly bright even on the lowest light level its to bright for me-on top level i want welding goggles!

Soldato
On the back of this, are there any high brightness keyboards with white back-lights, or as close to white as possible? I was going to ask a similar question but didn't want to open a new, almost identical question. thanks.
Logitech G710 had pretty bright (thankfully adjustable) white backlight.
If you want back light focused on markings Cherry MX RGBs have heavy light leak with like majority of light leaking out elsewhere than key cap markings.

Associate
Logitech G710 had pretty bright (thankfully adjustable) white backlight.
If you want back light focused on markings Cherry MX RGBs have heavy light leak with like majority of light leaking out elsewhere than key cap markings.

Yeah, I just need the lettering on the key-caps to be as bright as possible, I struggle with my eyes seeing the low output of my ageing G11 in the dark, making typing difficult and it's only getting dimmer with age!! I'd looked at the G213 which seems OK, also the Corsair K78 (I think), tho both struggle to give a good "white" output according to the reviews. To be honest I'm not bothered about mechanical switches etc, the backlight is more important :)

Cheers as always EsaT :)

DB

Associate
OP
I ended up with a g513. Found it to be bright and nice to use, we spend a few hours selecting a colour for him, turns out a lime puke green is the easiest for him to see. Still it good that he can see the KB better,

Soldato
Yeah, I just need the lettering on the key-caps to be as bright as possible, I struggle with my eyes seeing the low output of my ageing G11 in the dark, making typing difficult and it's only getting dimmer with age!! I'd looked at the G213 which seems OK, also the Corsair K78 (I think), tho both struggle to give a good "white" output according to the reviews. To be honest I'm not bothered about mechanical switches etc, the backlight is more important :)
Extreme "US Christmas lights" like light leak of Cherry MX RGBs certainly wouldn't help by beign distraction from key cap markings.
There's basically more light coming out from between key caps than their markings.
Also not all markings are illuminated equally well.

Logitech's Omron made Romer-G would be superior at focusing light to key cap markings, but brightness just isn't highest.
Though control of light simply smashes others with all markings evenly and equally illuminated:
https://youtu.be/3MJPtoxUx7Y?t=22s
Especially single colour Cherry MX gets atomized and in that G710 lower markings of number keys etc really didn't get illumination at all.
Which made seeing those in dark room harder.

Back
Top Bottom