Bristol

Associate
OP
Oooooh the new Primark is fab! 2 floors of womens clothes, and then another floor with shoes on! :D

:D shame for her we only have the afternoon!

I stayed at a Travel Lodge for one night near @Bristol - got a taxi from Temple Meads.

buffet..my kind of meal!!

so you recommend the Travelodge. coming up at £52 although we cant check in till 3pm which is a little annoying..arrgh. dont fancy lugging our bags around. good thing with the Ibis, can check in at 12pm

Soldato
:D shame for her we only have the afternoon!

buffet..my kind of meal!!

so you recommend the Travelodge. coming up at £52 although we cant check in till 3pm which is a little annoying..arrgh. dont fancy lugging our bags around. good thing with the Ibis, can check in at 12pm

Well, if there's others out there for a similar price give them a go.

But it was clean, and what you'd expect for ~£50 although the view from the window was of a building site, you don't really book into these places for the views. But that was a good few months ago and it's finished now I'd of thought.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's also a BRILLIANT food place called Flavas (or something like that.) near the Theatre, opposite end of Birstol, I'd totally advise going there for lunch too.

Are you f'in kidding me?! Flavas is SO horrible. Just to confirm, you are talking about the place that does the greasiest, fattiest food ever for £16 all you can eat and is always full of heffers, yes? If that's your suggestion of where to eat out in Bristol then man, you need to eat out more!

For the OP, off the top of my head I'd recommend these places:
Lebanese: www.sandsrestaurant.co.uk
Indian: www.rajpootrestaurant.co.uk
Greek: www.byzantium.co.uk
Italian (kinda): www.zerodegrees.co.uk*
European: www.shed-restaurants.com
English\European: www.goldbrickhouse.co.uk*

* = worth visiting just for a drink too.

Oh and Primark is actually pretty good :p. Get loads of £1.69 t-shirts from there and print my own designs. Also it's kept pretty clean and swish compared to most of their stores.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you f'in kidding me?! Flavas is SO horrible. Just to confirm, you are talking about the place that does the greasiest, fattiest food ever for £16 all you can eat and is always full of heffers, yes? If that's your suggestion of where to eat out in Bristol then man, you need to eat you more!

Oh and Primark is actually pretty good :p. Get loads of £1.69 t-shirts from there and print my own designs. Also it's kept pretty clean and swish compared to most of their stores.

Just out of interest, where do you suggest eating? I live near the cathedral so can walk to clifton. Tried a place called San Carlo once, on corn st I think, was pretty darn good.

O.K, just seen your edit.

Soldato
Just out of interest, where do you suggest eating? I live near the cathedral so can walk to clifton. Tried a place called San Carlo once, on corn st I think, was pretty darn good.

O.K, just seen your edit.

The cathedral on Pembroke Rd? If so then The Albion in the village do pretty good food - pricey and small, but nice. Decent pub too but they've got a restaurant upstairs. There's also a sea food place on Princess Victoria St that I've heard good things about but haven't had a chance to go yet.

PS. If anyone else here (I know AcidHell likes his cooking) fancy doing some kind of 'visit a random restaurant and rate it' type social thing I'd be well up for it :)

Associate
Are you f'in kidding me?! Flavas is SO horrible. Just to confirm, you are talking about the place that does the greasiest, fattiest food ever for £16 all you can eat and is always full of heffers, yes?

I think so.
Apart from i've never paid £16. I go there at lunch sometimes with some colleagues and its always good?
Probably because I stick to curry and garlic bread pizza?
Its never that bad, I think you've caught it at a bad time :(

Associate
OP
Well, if there's others out there for a similar price give them a go.

But it was clean, and what you'd expect for ~£50 although the view from the window was of a building site, you don't really book into these places for the views. But that was a good few months ago and it's finished now I'd of thought.

yup its just 1 night i suppose.needs to be comfy thats all, not fussed about anything else.

Associate
OP
Are you f'in kidding me?! Flavas is SO horrible. Just to confirm, you are talking about the place that does the greasiest, fattiest food ever for £16 all you can eat and is always full of heffers, yes? If that's your suggestion of where to eat out in Bristol then man, you need to eat out more!

For the OP, off the top of my head I'd recommend these places:
Lebanese: www.sandsrestaurant.co.uk
Indian: www.rajpootrestaurant.co.uk
Greek: www.byzantium.co.uk
Italian (kinda): www.zerodegrees.co.uk*
European: www.shed-restaurants.com
English\European: www.goldbrickhouse.co.uk*

* = worth visiting just for a drink too.

wow thanks for those. love Italian so may opt for that..as long as they sell alcohol because my girlfriend like a drink or 2 lol

Soldato
zizzis is also a nice Italian, not sure if they have one nearer to where you will be than Clifton though. Zero Degrees I can also recommend, Flavorz was nice when I went but nothing special.

Associate
'visit a random restaurant and rate it' type social thing I'd be well up for it :)

Yes!!

OCUK Bristol Restaurant club *** :D

I spend too much time there, I live near Bath.

Bit of a trek into Bristol, but i'd do it every now and again for a good meet if anybody else will :)

Soldato
zizzis is also a nice Italian, not sure if they have one nearer to where you will be than Clifton though. Zero Degrees I can also recommend, Flavorz was nice when I went but nothing special.

There's a Zizzi in Cabot Circus too! I've been to both... seems I eat out too much... would explain the slight belly :(.

Back
Top Bottom