Britain's most prolific serial rapist is jailed (male Rape)

Soldato
Makes you wonder how much more of this goes on unreported, could be thousands of raped men out there. At least they have no memory of it just whatever their imagination brings to them.

I expect very few Men would be willing to report it even if they did remember!

Soldato
Apparently they know of 70 other people due to the evidence he kept, but haven't been able to identify them to contact them yet.

Yes I read the article, I was meaning even more victims than the ones they knew about but cannot trace, one's who would never come forwards even if they did remember being raped.

Caporegime
Certainly gives a level of fear on being drunk and alone in a busy city centre... I'd like to think my paranoia about peoples intentions would protect me from such an individual, but goodness knows in an inebriated state.

The issue here is that undoubtedly there's more such people out there, you'd hope that eventually a mistake get's them on the radar, but reading the story, there seemed to have been a chance that he might have gotten away with it all had he just been quiet/less suspicious while in hospital. This case just makes it so clear that male rape is taboo and barely anyone cares, since the victim got charged with assault instantly... Though i'm sure there are details here that make the charge seem more reasonable at the time, police have a difficult time as it as figuring out what happened at scenes, let alone with a rapist who smiles the entire way through a trial while forcing juries to sit through every video.

Last edited:
Soldato
Certainly gives a level of fear on being drunk and alone in a busy city centre... I'd like to think my paranoia about peoples intentions would protect me from such an individual, but goodness knows in an inebriated state.

Basically why, male or female, one shouldnt be drunk (Or intoxicated in any other manner for that matter) while out on your own! (Or with people you do not really know either)

Caporegime
Awful, read about it all earlier on the BBC. This guy sounds like a total psychopath. I'm sure at least once in our lives we've got in to a state where we didn't even know where we were or what was going on? Mine was at Glastonbury one year.

Slightly confused though, isn't the general consensus in GD [of drunk people being raped] to blame the victims for being in that state in the first place?

Edit - Oh

Basically why, male or female, one shouldnt be drunk (Or intoxicated in any other manner for that matter) while out on your own! (Or with people you do not really know either)

Soldato
Slightly confused though, isn't the general consensus in GD [of drunk people being raped] to blame the victims for being in that state in the first place?

Edit - Oh

Why is stating a blindingly obvious truth be disparaged and dismissed as "Victim blaming"

It doesnt "Just" apply to being raped. It also apples to a whole gamut of vulnerabilities such as being ripped off by cabbies, robbed or mugged or whatever.

Oh, and PS, my emphasis was being on ones own (Or in the company people of unknown provenance) not of being publically intoxicated as such.

The real world has predators in it and a sensible person takes reasonable precautions not to look like easy prey!

Soldato

Edit - Oh

No i agree, you have to agree at some level to have some personal responsibility? There has to be some education that you don't have to be blind drunk to enjoy yourselves!?

Permabanned
OP
You can be lying naked face down in a park (dumped from a stag do for a laugh), still does make it OK for someone to just come along and pop their penis in your anus, it is still rape.

Associate
Always more jokes when it's about men being raped.
Apologies, I was only saying that its a pretty dark subject to be reading on here, not about the clearly horrific crime.

You can be lying naked face down in a park (dumped from a stag do for a laugh), still does make it OK for someone to just come along and pop their penis in your anus, it is still rape.

My thoughts, it is never the victims fault when it comes to this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apologies, I was only saying that its a pretty dark subject to be reading on here, not about the clearly horrific crime.

I don't believe that was directed towards you moreso the general attitude of the thread (and society in general) when it comes to male victims of sexual abuse.

Soldato
Read the Manchester Evening News article today, horrific read what a sick piece of ****

I used to go clubbing in Manchester quite a lot and there are some shady people to watch out for, I'm a day drinker these days so don't worry about it to much but I do worry for my kids, I hope they take the advice of never get separated from your mates, that's where it all goes wrong

Soldato
Amazing how many people that have replied to this, that have not bothered reading the article....
very true. it doesn't appear to be the case that he was picking up men who were blind drunk and had no idea what was going on. rather they ended up that way after accepting his 'help'
but i guess we should never let that get in GD's way of a bit of good old victim blaming.

'Sinaga's unthreatening demeanour duped these young men - many of whom thanked him for his kindness in offering them a place to stay - into thinking this monster was a Good Samaritan.

Caporegime
very true. it doesn't appear to be the case that he was picking up men who were blind drunk and had no idea what was going on. rather they ended up that way after accepting his 'help'
but i guess we should never let that get in GD's way of a bit of good old victim blaming.

Errm, there's more than one article to use.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50688975

Sinaga typically approached his victims in the street. The rapist operated in a small area surrounding his flat. His targets were men mostly in their late teens or early 20s who had been out drinking, often in the nearby nightclubs.

Some were on their way home, others had become separated from friends.

Many were too drunk to remember their conversation with Sinaga, but for those who did there was no indication of a sexual motive. Sinaga used various pretexts to entice each to his flat.

Some victims could recall being provided with a drink and then blacking out.

Young lads, and particularly teenagers tend to binge drink more, which is probably why he mainly targeted that age group.

Back
Top Bottom