Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Watching the quali highlights I just noticed that Ham did a 1.24:616 before he improved with his final time.

Bot best time was... 1.24:616.

I know Ham would have been on pole because he set the time first, but that’s a great lap from Bot and reminds me of the 1997 European Grand Prix :):(

Permabanned
I think Verstappen would be quicker than Lewis in quali... People say Vers makes too many mistakes but you have to remember Vers is taking risks to try to win races, if he was realistically fighting for a championship he would naturally be more reserved... Think of it like the season when button outscored Hamilton and finished 2nd in the WDC... Lewis won more races than Button in that season because he was taking risks to try to win but as a consequence made some errors and stupid moves... No one cares about position in WDC other than 1st, so if you can't get 1st you may as well take some risks to try to get some race wins. Would you rather finish 2nd in the WDC with 2 GP wins or 5th but with 4 GP wins and presumably quite a few DNFs?

Associate
Would have liked to have seen Donnington and Brands. Plus wildcard of Croft and Knockhill :D

Check out Aidan Millward's channel on YouTube. As well as some interesting comments and analysis, he does laps of circuits on Assetto Corsa in a F1 car to answer fan's queries about whether F1 cars would work there.

TLDR; F1 is too fast and not suitable for Brands. A lap of the full circuit would be sub 1m. He did one of Road America which looked good though

Man of Honour
Why isn't Spa Francorchamps on the list of Grade 1 circuits?

It is...

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - although it's license has currently expired. Will need to be renewed before the end of the month.

Other listed tracks with no license:

Monaco, Circuit Gille Villeneuve, Zandvoort, Hanoi, Shanghai, Kymi Ring (not even finished yet), Marina Bay.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It is...

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - although it's license has currently expired. Will need to be renewed before the end of the month.
Yeah the Rallycross track is there, but as others have said, its licence has expired.

I wonder why they don't run 2 GPs in Spa to bump up the number of races. Too cold and wet perhaps in the autumn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom