Broadband Activity Errors.

Soldato
Hi,
I went round to someones house last night and they happened to ask about their computer. They had noticed that they were getting a lot of errors on their internet connection.

This is my connection below:
activity.JPG

Underneath where mine says Packets, theirs said Compression, and below that Errors. They are running Wanadoo (Or Orange) broadband at 1Mbps. They have three PC's and a very very basic Speedtouch USB ADSL Modem. They are getting a very large number of errors and this happens on all the computers.

They have said the modem is new, but got the same problem on the last one. Also one of their computers is brand new and a very nice machine and has the same problem.

Is this likely to be a problem with the line? I can't think of what else it could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Caporegime
Get Dr Speedtouch (IIRC it's on the driver CD, or you can download it here), and dig out the attenuation and SNR margin (more instructions in the FAQ). What speed is the modem reporting?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the help.

I will find out what speed it's reporting and will post once I have found out the results. Thanks everyone :D

Back
Top Bottom