Broken wheel trim

Soldato
I bought a trim from ebay for my Pug 307 which came yesterday. Was £14.99 and I got it for £14.
It was advertised on ebay as having some scuffs which of course is fine. However, it arrived with some chipped pieces from around the edge, obviously happened in transit.

Not sure what to do now. Whether to just suck it up or not. I haven't messaged him yet. Would I be too fussy to expect him to replace it? :confused: I know it's an old car but it would have been nicer to have the trim completely intact.

I know he has another for about the same price but it's one with a clip hanging off the back so I wouldn't want him to replace it with that. It's been quite difficult finding a replacement, my particular trim style doesn't come up that often and most sellers want stupid money for just one.

Associate
Send it back - should be insured at his end I would have thought if it did happen in transit.

Have you tried a dealer? Have no experience with Hubcaps but occasionally they are not as overpriced as you would expect.
Also have you tried those internet breakers? register what you are looking for and have people come back to you? (again an idea - not something I have done but if ebay is not showing a lot might be worth it)

Soldato
OP
Send it back - should be insured at his end I would have thought if it did happen in transit.

Have you tried a dealer? Have no experience with Hubcaps but occasionally they are not as overpriced as you would expect.
Also have you tried those internet breakers? register what you are looking for and have people come back to you? (again an idea - not something I have done but if ebay is not showing a lot might be worth it)

I've not tried internet breakers, do you have any links? But I've phoned every car breaker in and around my area on more than one occasion and no one ever has one. I've not tried a dealer, but I can already buy a new and unused trim on ebay for £28 but I don't think I need to spend that much.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Surely these wont be expensive at the dealer? You would be surprised at how reasonable main agent part depts can be. They are in complete contrast to the astronomical prices found for labour and servicing*

*my experience relates to Mercedes

Soldato
Surely these wont be expensive at the dealer? You would be surprised at how reasonable main agent part depts can be. They are in complete contrast to the astronomical prices found for labour and servicing*

*my experience relates to Mercedes

and Honda + Peugeot for me. Main dealer parts prices have sometimes been cheaper than online stores!

Back
Top Bottom