1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser App Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by slipd, May 8, 2017.

1. slipd

Mobster

Hi guys,

My Dad tried to explain something to me over the phone earlier and I couldn't help him, I expected he'd changed something in his setting unintentionally :rolleyes:

Basically, he tells me he used to be able to use the "email" shortcut button, pictured to send out links from various websites; eBay, BBC etc.

[​IMG]

Well now he can't.

Any ideas? He uses Gmail but I don't think he has the Gmail app or anything? He's on Windows 10.

2. Nikumba

Mobster

You need a default mail client setup to use that, however I believe Chrome had a plug in that would launch a GMail window if you clicked on it.

3. Glanza

Soldato

Go into settings / system / default apps and see if he has a mail client selected.

4. slipd

Mobster

Thanks people! Will look into that. For the record, and not that I use it, but it's not working for me either now - it's greyed out. My listed mail client is Outlook.

Creators update issue maybe?

5. slipd

Mobster

Still trying to sort this issue out for my Dad... he doesn't seem that fussed but it's bugging me now :rolleyes:

Even after setting Windows Mail as his default mail app (even though I set it up especially - the function used to work before without it), the problem remains.