BSOD & armouryswagent.exe

Associate
Hi.
I am trying to track down a problem I have with a specific application - PowerDirector 18 - that sometimes causes a BSOD.
This is an overclockers in house built PC, only a few weeks old, but I have conducted all relevant hardware tests, and I am satisfied that this is a software issue.
As a matter of fact, I have the same problem with my old PC and the same application.
An older version of PowerDirector works fine on both machines, so my focus has been with this app up till now, but Im running out of ideas.
Both machines also have nVidia Graphics cards, though different generations, and both machines have ASUS mainboards.

DXDiag windows error reports on my new machine refer to appcrashes several times for armouryswagent.exe - which I know is part of the Asus software installed with the motherboard. There are also numerous occasions where this process delays shut down of windows, so I would like to get rid of it. I dont use any of the armoury crate features for RGB or overclocking and have removed any bits of Asus software not deemed necessary.
There is no guarantee that this is responsible for the PD 18 issue, but the appcrashes are referenced every time in the WER at the bottom of DXDiag reports.
Is this file required to be running for an Asus board? If not how can it be taken out of the picture - since there is no listing for it in installed programmes. I dont want to blindly delete files that may or may not be required by the hardware.

I have a post on the Cyberlink forums about this, but any suggestions or advice from the Asus/software in general perspective would be welcomed!

Associate
OP
Thanks. Yes I have been lookng at that today. I think I have now managed to get rid of the unwanted bits of Asus software now.

I actually now dont think that this is anything to do with the BSOD, but it was causing some other minor issues.

Back
Top Bottom