• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BSOD "clock watchdog timeout"

Associate
Hi, i just ran the intel burn test at stock speeds with my Intel i5-9600k (4.3ghz) and my ram at 3000mhz with XMP enabled (Corsair Vengeance Led White) to check system stability and i get this BSOD: "clock watchdog timeout". If i disable Turbo Boost, the test passes just fine. Mother is a Maximus Hero XI WiFi. What could it be? Thanks!

Soldato
CPU instability most likely due to insufficient CPU vcore. try a manual all core OC and a fixed Vcore at that speed and see if she crashes. try 1.3V @ 4.3GHZ.

Associate
OP
CPU instability most likely due to insufficient CPU vcore. try a manual all core OC and a fixed Vcore at that speed and see if she crashes. try 1.3V @ 4.3GHZ.
It's not even OCed. It's all at stock, except for the ram (XMP 1). Don't know what's going on. In fact, i disabled xmp and ran a custom Prime 95 v26.6 test (512k and 12288mb) and i had this BSOD. Could the cpu receive less voltage than it need on auto settings???
Here are some captures of Prime95 26.6 custom test (512k, 4096k, 12288mb), CPU-Z and CoreTemp. Do you think everything is fine?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IW-us6KXxeBSS13saes_jpYWTl3a9Oft

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not even OCed. It's all at stock, except for the ram (XMP 1). Don't know what's going on. In fact, i disabled xmp and ran a custom Prime 95 v26.6 test (512k and 12288mb) and i had this BSOD. Could the cpu receive less voltage than it need on auto settings???
Here are some captures of Prime95 26.6 custom test (512k, 4096k, 12288mb), CPU-Z and CoreTemp. Do you think everything is fine?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IW-us6KXxeBSS13saes_jpYWTl3a9Oft

just bump the VCore up to 1.3V and see. that is more than enough for that speed.

Back
Top Bottom