BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
IMG-4794.png

I’m not confused by sync speed.

I’m using an ASUS ax86U I know how much they are disliked on here but works fine for me.

Strange result because the iPhone 15 Pro only supports 2x2 (80MHz) on 5GHz AX so PHY (simplex) data rates of 1200Mbps (600-ish Mbps actual maximum transfer speed). Could you be on Wifi6E and not know it?

Soldato
The iPhone 15 Pro supports 160MHz on WiFi 6. Sync speed is 2400.

I'm pretty sure it's not. We sell a lot of Unifi U6-Enterprise and U7-Pro access points based on people having iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max handsets and they REALLY do well on 6E and the difference is more pronounced because they only run at 80MHz on 5GHz WiFi6. It has to be WiFi 6E. Even on WiFi6E it's VERY fast given that you're passing the data across from the SuperHub in modem mode then TX/RX through the Broadcom BCM43684 chipset.

Soldato
My router literally doesn’t support 6E, it has no 6GHz radio, it’s physically impossible for me to be on 6E.

As I said above, when it comes to WiFi speeds there are so many numbers bandied about it's hard to establish what the real numbers are. And I still doubt you're actually getting the speeds the software is reporting.

Soldato
Doubt all you want, but unless speed test is giving me many, many errored results then I am indeed getting the speeds I should be.

IMG-4795.jpg

It’s not about doubting what you’re saying, I believe you believe. it’s the veracity of the results being reported by the software that is in doubt.

I’ve got an iPhone 15 Pro Max and it won’t connect at all if I set my router up at 160MHz channel width. That’s the main reason people don’t use the extreme channel aggregation.

Are any other 5GHz devices that are connecting to your 160MHz wide channel?

Soldato
He is hitting the limits of WIFI.
It's a limitation of WiFi that's holding back the speed, the limitation being most likely wifis susceptibility to environmental factors.
Even sat next to my AP like touching it I don't get the theoretical max speed. Sync speed might look impressive but that's not the same as actual throughput.

Edit: WJA96 beat me to it.
Anyone with decent hardware can get Gb speeds over WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom