BT offer of Tablet or Xbox question

Soldato
I subscribed to a by package last night using a cashback site , taking up. An offer for a free console or tablet.

But during the sign-up I never had an option to pick either of them.. Has anyone joined and has a similar experience ?

I've taken a screenshot to make sure I'm covered if I don't get it. Do I get something posted to pick what I want ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190803_053014_com.android.chrome_zps5hngmjlf.jpg

Last edited:
Reading the terms I find usually helps :o

How it works
  • To qualify, you need to place your order between 26 July and 15 August
  • Fourteen days after we've installed your broadband you'll get an email with a voucher code
  • Follow the link in your email and go to the BT Shop website to place your order - just add the voucher code at checkout
  • BT Shop will deliver your free gift within 1-3 working days
The important bit - use it or lose it
Once we issue your voucher code you have 28 days to claim, so don't lose out.

Soldato
will you use these 'gifts' though - I would be explicitly waiting for the cash options, or supermarket vouchers.

The tv deals mentioned before with soundbars , (phone threads) smart watches, underpants (that was pre, the gd game girl thread) .. many sound naff

Associate
I signed up around 7 weeks ago when BT has the free Alexa deal going on. Still Don't have internet or TV and been told repeatedly that they have to cancel my order and create a new one. Got set up with a BT case manager on friday and just got offered the this same deal + credit towards our account. Still not sure what to go for As all the console exclusives we would want are on PS4 + the xbox is digital only = paying stupid prices for digital games. But then again do we really need another tablet in the house?

Soldato
OP
Well after signing up on the 2nd. With a “live” date of the 19th it’s not gone smoothly.
I went for the max 4K package. But I’m still not getting 4K on either
The box or my Apple TV. They’ve said it’s a fault on the external network .... and won’t be fixed until the 25th.... Not a great start.

The £80 credit I’ve put a claim in for..... had 2 emails and also 2 text messages. Hoping that means I get 2 x £80 lol.

Waiting on 14 days for an email in regards The gift. And cash back is still tracking @ £130. So if all goes ok I’m looking at £130 + £80 + £100 ( min for selling Xbox ) = £310 .... if get lucky and they’ve sent me 2 £80 even better :D

Soldato
I`m not sure what you are expecting. When you say "I`m still not getting 4k on either the box or my Apple TV" what do you mean ? BT has nothing to do with Apple TV or the 4k output on an Apple TV box ?
BT TV still has minimal 4k output. Only via BT Sport 4k channel or Netflix/Amazon Prime shows via the BT Apps section which are only in 4k, eg Marvel shows. Not everything is in 4k.

What does a speedtest show you ?

Soldato
OP
I`m not sure what you are expecting. When you say "I`m still not getting 4k on either the box or my Apple TV" what do you mean ? BT has nothing to do with Apple TV or the 4k output on an Apple TV box ?
BT TV still has minimal 4k output. Only via BT Sport 4k channel or Netflix/Amazon Prime shows via the BT Apps section which are only in 4k, eg Marvel shows. Not everything is in 4k.

What does a speedtest show you ?

They are fobbing me off. I've been working each time they phone me. I'm off tmoz. The package my side doesn't mention 4k at all. Which I was concerned about when I signed up.

BT has Ballsed my order up basically

Back
Top Bottom