BT socket extension

Associate
Hi,

Not sure whether this is the current place to ask this.

Got virgin installed with a new virgin telephone socket. Have alarm connected to bt junction box near the door where the line enters the property. BT master socket is next to virgin socket. I doubt this will work but anyone know if I connect both the sockets via the extension ports will mean my alarm can access the virgin line to dial out? as the bt line is going to be cancelled.

Associate
if 1 pair of wires is connected to your alarm box and the other to the socket next to virgin then it can be diverted into the virgin socket as an extension

Associate
OP
unfortunately I can't as they have linked the alarm at the junction box near the front door away and not at the socket. as the bt line is dead is it possible to connect the AB lines that enter the bt socket as an extension into the virgin socket?

Associate
OP
BT did the initial wiring but when they installed the alarm they have added a connection to the junction box. doesn't look pretty

Soldato
I'd run a new cable directly from the alarm to the Virgin socket.

If you really want to use the existing cable you could use one of the spare pairs and leave BT's wiring inplace.

Hard to believe that even BT would install their master socket at the angle.

Soldato
When you order Virgin you can specify they convert over existing extensions at time of install (used to be free, may have changed), the only part they can't officially do anything with is the BT master socket.

Back
Top Bottom