BT Sport...

Caporegime
...Bloody hell, when did this get so expensive!?!?

I get it included with my Virgin package at the moment but looking to go back to Sky and it's £27 for HD!!

I remember when it launched and I was on Sky with BT previously it was like £5!

Guess all that UCL money has got to be found from somewhere.

Caporegime
OP
Yep, I think I'll be cutting it off when I move to Sky, just hope Liverpool are out of the UCL so I don't feel like I'm missing out lol.

It was obviously cheap in the early days to draw people in. Now they have all the premiership rugby, the upcoming ashes, a chunk of premier league games, all the European games, plus UFC/moto gp/other stuff I don’t watch. You get quite a bit for your money... it’s never going to be cheap, given it’s a luxury/they pay so much for rights/etc. Is it much cheaper if you’re a bt customer for their other products?

Oh I know it's got a lot of stuff, but it just seems so damn expensive! I believe it's £15 if you are on BT broadband.

Associate
It was obviously cheap in the early days to draw people in. Now they have all the premiership rugby, the upcoming ashes, a chunk of premier league games, all the European games, plus UFC/moto gp/other stuff I don’t watch. You get quite a bit for your money... it’s never going to be cheap, given it’s a luxury/they pay so much for rights/etc. Is it much cheaper if you’re a bt customer for their other products?

They have done well but out of everything they show I watch the Arsenal games (my team) and the odd bundesliga match the rest is meh for me

Soldato
Yep, I think I'll be cutting it off when I move to Sky, just hope Liverpool are out of the UCL so I don't feel like I'm missing out lol.

Oh I know it's got a lot of stuff, but it just seems so damn expensive! I believe it's £15 if you are on BT broadband.
The only thing you'll be missing when it comes to Liverpool is the bitter disappointment at how they play ;)

Permabanned
...Bloody hell, when did this get so expensive!?!?

I get it included with my Virgin package at the moment but looking to go back to Sky and it's £27 for HD!!

I remember when it launched and I was on Sky with BT previously it was like £5!

Guess all that UCL money has got to be found from somewhere.

VIP Package with all HD channels + 300 Mbit fibre internet is £90 a month for 1 year contract and then £120 a month?
This is ridiculous no matter how much money you can afford to pay.

Better not to watch TV and let them decrease the pricing once there is no demand for it whatsoever.

Soldato
I am just about to cancel BT (broadband and TV so inc Sports) and Sky to move to Virgin VIP package. I will save money, at least for the 12mths and then reevaluate. Outside of sports I probably watch 5 other channels but sadly it is impossible just to purchase sports channels.

Associate
If you hardly watch anything the best thing to do, imo, is to just go to pub that shows the rare matches you care about. It’s obviously only reasonable value if you value a reasonable amount of what it shows.

I remember when I was a student we’d just go to a decent pub or sports bar to watch big games, rather than bothering to pay far too much for Sky.

Oh I got it with my Virgin package, trust me I wouldn't bother if I had to pay the premium for it, like you said pub if you wanna get out the house or I use Kodi (shhhh)

Soldato
Of the two major broadcasters Sky is still the smart choice if you're a big football fan. BT have maybe one decent EPL game per weekend, sometimes not even that, and I'd definitely rather be able to watch the EPL each weekend and then pop to the pub for the odd UCL game than miss loads of decent EPL. I guess if you're a massive rugby or MMA fan then it makes sense, but I still think that until such time that BT get the lions share of the EPL rights it isn't worth going with them.

Soldato
I left Virgin last month, it was costing £40 a month for XL TV. I already had BT Infinity so paid the extra £10 and got BT TV. For the £30 per month saving the only thing I seem to be missing is fox and Sky1 which I can get through NowTV (which I use for the Spurs games on Sky). I also get some games in 4K which i couldn't through Virgin.

Soldato
I left Virgin last month, it was costing £40 a month for XL TV. I already had BT Infinity so paid the extra £10 and got BT TV. For the £30 per month saving the only thing I seem to be missing is fox and Sky1 which I can get through NowTV (which I use for the Spurs games on Sky). I also get some games in 4K which i couldn't through Virgin.
are you sure you are actualy getting 4k through NowTV, I would be surprsied by this - they limit bandwidth and quality in general on NowTV

Im actually a dedicated NowTV user and watch some games on it, and think its a decent service for what you pay for

Back
Top Bottom