BTCC 2020

Soldato
PMR pulled both cars as they're setup around commercial partnerships, which don't look good value at the moment with no spectators or hospitality allowed for at least the first half of the compressed season. Makes more sense to hit pause and carry the agreement over to 2021. Same sort of thing with AJ and Rowbotham.

As a hardened race fan ... I'm not sure who'd want to go for a hospitality weekend at Brands in November when spectators are likely allowed. Brrr!

Soldato
OP
PMR pulled both cars as they're setup around commercial partnerships, which don't look good value at the moment with no spectators or hospitality allowed for at least the first half of the compressed season. Makes more sense to hit pause and carry the agreement over to 2021. Same sort of thing with AJ and Rowbotham.

As a hardened race fan ... I'm not sure who'd want to go for a hospitality weekend at Brands in November when spectators are likely allowed. Brrr!

They can do hot food and mulled wine :D

Soldato
OP
I think next weekend the shackles will be off. It’s not quite a btcc weekend, unless someone has gone barrel rolling into the gravel. Not a bad weekend back. The Porsches were still pap, and I’d rather see more Ginetta Juniors than the Mini thing.

Soldato
Drivers have to be a bit more careful with the compressed schedule. Brands Hatch is next weekend, so shell damage won't be able to get fixed between rounds. Miss a round and they'll be in trouble with Chairman Gow.

Associate
Sutton was absolutely flying in both rounds so far. Thought the commentators went lightly on Turkington in the first round, thought he punted Sutton off.

No Andrew Jordan this year? Was disappointed to see the Power Maxed Astras skipping 2020 but coming back in 2021.

Wasn't really Turks fault. The bunching ment Tingram was in the back of Turks who then turned Sutton round. From anb entertainment view it was great to see him charging back. Does show how poor moffat is in the same hardware. All in all good racing today.

I was expecting a few more drop outs. Motorbase looked a little low on the sponsorship side so I wonder if they've rolled most of the contracts to 2021 but had the funds to run or Andy Neates seat allowed the other two to run also.

Soldato
Moffat needs some seat time in a sorted RWD car, which he'll get now Ash is there and they've just done next to no testing so far. Give him the rest of the season to get his head around it. Motorbase's sponsor pulled out just before Media Day IIRC. Neate shouldn't be anywhere the BTCC and I'm surprised Chairman Gow allowed it after the last couple of ... yeah. I'll stop now before I rant!

HARD looked as ill prepared and chaotic as ever.

Back
Top Bottom