BTEC ICT Students

Capodecina
Permabanned
Looking at applying for uni next year following the end of the course and basically i'm having a hard time.

I was hoping to do more of a Network/Security related degree but most of the places that offer this seem to have a pretty poor reputation so i'm not sure what to do really.

Has anyone from here gone on to HE after the BTEC National Dipoloma in ICT? I know I seen a few people were studying it a while back. If so what are your plans etc?

Soldato
Not done a BTEC National Diploma in ICT but I am studying Computer Systems and Networks at Plymouth University and it doesn't have a bad rep? This also contains security.

Soldato
Just done the BTEC Nat Certificate in IT Practitioners with DD and got into Northumbria Uni on a BSc Computer Science, which was my first choice course.

If anything its made me better prepared than peopel on A Levels, as the course is specilised in the computing area, and theres loads doing computing degrees at uni that have never even heard of SQL and not seen a line of code in there lives, and now they have had Java and Oracle slapped in front of them.

I think Newcastle Uni does a networking degree, not sure whether it would be for you thoguh as i dont know anything about it.

Soldato
Did BTEC National Diploma in ICT and am studying BA Computer Games Design at Huddersfield University. Not what I expected but i'm still enjoying it. I plan to get through the first 2 years, do the work experience year (the main attraction of the course for me) and then finish the last year with a good portfolio and a good years experience.

As for uni's having bad rep, it depends what you consider bad but at the end of the day its opinion based and you should look at the facts before deciding wether A place that may have the course for you is as bad as people say.

Associate
Wardie said:
Looking at applying for uni next year following the end of the course and basically i'm having a hard time.

I was hoping to do more of a Network/Security related degree but most of the places that offer this seem to have a pretty poor reputation so i'm not sure what to do really.

Has anyone from here gone on to HE after the BTEC National Dipoloma in ICT? I know I seen a few people were studying it a while back. If so what are your plans etc?

Mate on my course called Tom did that at college (got like triple distinction or somthing) and is now in UKC doing Compsci, he seems to like it.

plus what ^ he said ^ reputation doesnt mean much at all.

Neb

Neb

Associate
I think Bristol give offers for btecs, but I'm not sure if they accept ICT. Best give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom