bubbles in loop

Soldato
I have many many small bubbles in my loop :( i am running a Laing dcc pro with reservoir and i am running it without the cap on to let the bubbles out, but they don't seem to be going down. there are a lot of small bubbles in the reservoir. i think i have got most air bubbles out of the rad and the blocks but in the tubes and res there are a lot of them.

do i just let it run or can i do something to speed it up? it has been on for 2 hours now.

thanks

daven

Soldato
OP
thanks for the idea fizzy, i will give it a go later today if i can get it bled in time!
the sloshing is coming from the res. problem is i think the cap on the res leaks a little so i emailed the place i got it from for a replacement.

thanks

daven

Soldato
OP
the res is the one that comes attached to the laing dcc. i have checked all tube connections, i am using 7/16" masterkleer on 1/2" barbs and also there are no leaks and i have hose clamps on them.

i will try and keep the res filled up 100% later, but now i have to go to uni :( but will update you guys later

thanks

daven

Soldato
OP
ok have left it on for about 5 hours now, there are bubbles coming out of the top of the res and i keep topping it up when the level goes down, however the bubbles situation seems exactly the same as it was before. the rad is making lots of sounds as the bubbles come out of it, but it has done that for 5 hours!!! the bubbles just go round the loop and go back into it.

please help
thanks
daven

Soldato
OP
gr1mey said:
in that case it sounds like something is managing to draw air into the system, so you should check all of you fittings and joints to make sure they re air, and water-tight.

around the pump especially.

yeah i thought that, but i left it overnight turned off and there were no leaks at all, all fittings are very tight (7 16" tubing on 1 2" barbs) and barbs are tightly screwed with either o-rings or pfte tape.

daven

Soldato
OP
ok guys get ready for my master plan!
so i tipped my rad up so the barbs were at the bottom and i figured, correctly, that all the bubbles would go to the top of the rad, and sure enough there are no more visible bubbles in my loop :D so here are my options:

1) just leave them in there, as they are at the top, and my rad is going to be mounted vertically so they will remain at the top and they probably wouldn't take up much space.

2) lay the rad back down with barbs up, and run the pump for 1 second or so, so the water makes it round the loop once, hopefully the bubbles will have merged into one big bubble which will make its way round the loop to the res. once it is out of the rad i can manouveur it through the blocks and dispose of it.

would option 1 be very very bad, or could i get away with it?
im guessing option 2 is the better, and if so is it possible (and not damaging to the pump) to quickly switch it on and off to slowly push the bubble out of the rad so i can manipulate it?

thanks

daven

Soldato
OP
there were lots of little bubbles, i dunno how big it is lol maybe i should check it first. yeah i wanna enjoy my system :( nice and quiet etc. etc.

i think i'll see how big it is, if it is small then to be honest i can't be arsed!!

daven

Soldato
OP
ok lol now my res cap is leaking :( i have RMA'd for a new one but it has to come from germany i have tried everything, screwing it down tightly, putting pfte tape round it and the washer on, not using the washer and just using pfte and it still lets water seep out. argh this is doing my head in.

daven

Back
Top Bottom