bubbles in loop

Soldato
I have many many small bubbles in my loop :( i am running a Laing dcc pro with reservoir and i am running it without the cap on to let the bubbles out, but they don't seem to be going down. there are a lot of small bubbles in the reservoir. i think i have got most air bubbles out of the rad and the blocks but in the tubes and res there are a lot of them.

do i just let it run or can i do something to speed it up? it has been on for 2 hours now.

thanks

daven

Associate
Once you have got all the air out by the tilting method as Matt suggested - that res is notorious for making "sloshing" sounds.

I read a top tip where you can completely fill the res if you top up as much you can then fill the cap and place in freezer (not for hours but enough so it skins over and doesn't fall out) so you can place back on the res. Completely no air in system then so no more sloshing sounds.

Soldato
iirc the sloshing and dripping noise comes from air in the rad.. my res isn't 100% full but there's no sloshing because the rad is properly bled.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the idea fizzy, i will give it a go later today if i can get it bled in time!
the sloshing is coming from the res. problem is i think the cap on the res leaks a little so i emailed the place i got it from for a replacement.

thanks

daven

Soldato
OP
the res is the one that comes attached to the laing dcc. i have checked all tube connections, i am using 7/16" masterkleer on 1/2" barbs and also there are no leaks and i have hose clamps on them.

i will try and keep the res filled up 100% later, but now i have to go to uni :( but will update you guys later

thanks

daven

Associate
getting all the air out is a tiresome process, I left mine running for a couple of hours with the res cap off, make sure the res is at the highest point of your loop when doing this.

also, try gently squeezing the tubing to get the bubbles that cling to the side off and through the loop into the res.

Soldato
OP
ok have left it on for about 5 hours now, there are bubbles coming out of the top of the res and i keep topping it up when the level goes down, however the bubbles situation seems exactly the same as it was before. the rad is making lots of sounds as the bubbles come out of it, but it has done that for 5 hours!!! the bubbles just go round the loop and go back into it.

please help
thanks
daven

Associate
in that case it sounds like something is managing to draw air into the system, so you should check all of you fittings and joints to make sure they re air, and water-tight.

around the pump especially.

Soldato
OP
gr1mey said:
in that case it sounds like something is managing to draw air into the system, so you should check all of you fittings and joints to make sure they re air, and water-tight.

around the pump especially.

yeah i thought that, but i left it overnight turned off and there were no leaks at all, all fittings are very tight (7 16" tubing on 1 2" barbs) and barbs are tightly screwed with either o-rings or pfte tape.

daven

Associate
MikeTimbers said:
turn it off for a while and try to get any trapped air moved to the res by moving the case around. If a pump is producing very high flow rates the air never settles out. Bleeding requires the water flow to stop from time to time.

My MCP655 gets rid of the air by itself at full speed. And that's with my t-line being the lowest point in my system :D . Thanks to the hugely powerfull pump air never gets trapped in the system :p

Back
Top Bottom