Buck Rogers in the 25th Century ?

Soldato
I've learned my lesson watching things from the past that were once thought awesome - for example Death Race 2000 is on Prime at the moment so watched it - ruined!

Soldato
Maybe you should try some proper good films from the past? Stuff like Apocalypse Now, Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978, The Killing Fields, Life of Brian, Logan's Run, I could go on but I'll stop at L for now.
Or they could work their way through this thread. :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Season one is still great!
I watched as kid (I was like 4-5 at the time) and loved it! So a couple of years back I had a nostalgia hit and bought the DVD's as it's not streamed anywhere!

Well, Wilma makes the show. :D

The 1979 pilot film and Season 1 is the best. Season 2, never bothered as *ahem* Wilma very much takes a backstage in favour of some irritating bird man or something - S2 was the downfall and killed off the series.

Just like The Avengers with Diana Rigg which are ace for sixties kitsch. Superman 1 and 2 featured Margot Kidder and yet 3 Kidder was nowhere to be seen, apparently upset the producer and got side-lined and the Reeve films were never the same again. Reeve and Kidder were Superman and Lane.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's not something I've ever watched (I'm 37). Would it be worse to watch as a newcomer with no nostalgic value, or to revisit it as a previous fan? I suspect the prior.

On the subject of going back to dated shows however; I introduced my 4 year son to Thunderbirds recently (They're on ITV X to stream in HD) and I can still suspend belief. I just adore the practical effects & models and really appreciate the heart and soul that went into it (Watch the Supermarionation documnetary on Netflix for an insight). My son loves it too, he doesn't see the quality he sees the cool vehicles, stuff getting blown up and the heroes and their rescues just like I did on a Friday night on BBC2 at 6pm with a chippy tea; except he can watch multiple episodes in a row whenver he wants.

This thread reminds me, I need to finish watching Quantumn Leap.

Associate
The outfits, space ships and take on the post apocalyptic story; it's cool. However, watching now, it is cringe; it has the same chauvinism apparent in the Moore Bond films.

Nonetheless, I love Moore as a Bond and the one I grew up with! Buck Rogers is utter nonsense, watching now. If there is a serious note, for its time, was a trail blazer in the sense that a female cast member was sassy, crack shot etc.

The trouble was the female lead (Erin Gray) popularity took over from Gil Gerard and well, you can imagine, nose out of joint.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The outfits, space ships and take on the post apocalyptic story; it's cool. However, watching now, it is cringe; it has the same chauvinism apparent in the Moore Bond films.

Nonetheless, I love Moore as a Bond and the one I grew up with! Buck Rogers is utter nonsense, watching now. If there is a serious note, for its time, was a trail blazer in the sense that a female cast member was sassy, crack shot etc.

The trouble was the female lead (Erin Gray) popularity took over from Gil Gerard and well, you can imagine, nose out of joint.

Oh please stop putting 22 woke vibes on TV from the 70s.

Back
Top Bottom