Budget (£200 - £300) 27" 1440P Monitor Suggestions

Associate
I'm new to PC gaming (I dabbled many years ago) but have predominantly been a console gamer on a large 50" TV. I've just built myself a PC (specs below) but am gaming on with dual monitor setup I use for work. These are BenQ GW2283 monitors attached via a dual arm stand.

I'd like to replace one of them with a 27" panel better suitable for gaming (1440p is where I'm leaning at). I've played Cyberpunk recently and it looked amazing still albeit tearing was a real issue when near vertical lines (e.g pillars, rails, etc) and I've just picked up Metaphor Refantazio and the tearing is annoying (even with VSYNC on). I mostly play solo games although dabble in coop games with friends (Diablo).

I've looked at budget gaming monitors and finding so much conflicting info it feels like a minefield. Hoping someone could point me in the right direction here without having a financial gain in doing so (e.g. these 'best monitor' lists). I'm happy to go with something from the 'clearance' range too but keen that it has a VESA mount so I can use the same arm system to hold it.

So far I've seen some recommendations for a Dell G2724D but they all talk about it being sub £200 yet it's currently £250. Wondering if I should also hold fire for Black Friday at this point and just live with the tearing a while longer.

Anyway, spec sheet follows.

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7Ghz
XFX Speedster MERC 319 Black Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2 x 16GB)

My budget started at sub £200 but happy to go around £250 and maybe £300 at a push. And I'd LOVE an OLED but I just can't justify/afford it.

Second the Dell G2724D, cheapest I've seen it is £180 and a steal at that price. Another option is the LG Ultragear 27GS75Q - currently £170 and 180hz, IPS.

I'd probably get two of the LGs myself if I didn't already have 2 x 27" 1440p monitors, albeit only 75hz and so on my 6700XT I just V-Sync as I don't play any games that really need more than 75FPS anyway and so can't justify spending the money and then having to deal with getting rid of the other two (hell I've still got 2 Dell 1920x1200 24" (I think) monitors in my loft to get rid of that have been there for 18 months).

Thanks everyone, will take a look at the LG. I like the look of the Dell too but it's just waiting for it to drop on sale that would frustrate me. I lack patience and want everything yesterday.

Yeah I am leaning that way. Got lots on at work at the minute and can't take a proper look until later so will miss next day cut off. Will probably order something tomorrow so there's still time for someone to make an even better suggestion right? :)

definitely not
i would only get the dell when it's on sale for £180-200 (i didn't want to price hint on my original post, but since it's already been mentioned... :P )

this is the equivalent review for the LG (for an equal comparison to be fair)

Thanks tamzzy, I'd looked at the two rtings review. Couldn't decide whether the higher gaming score was worth the additional but sounds like it's a no. If and when I get into it fully, maybe I'll treat myself to a proper OLED. But I think that'll be a while.

Will pick up the LG and see how it goes. Hopefully anything will look better than the display I'm currently playing on.

I have the 2724D but I don't think it's worth to get it unless there's a sale on IMO
(I also only use SDR so don't have to faff with local dimming)

Last edited:
The only way the LG will be no good for me is if I can't get it on my arms. They take a 100x100 VESA and up to 10kg per panel (and 27") so hopefully it's not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom