Budget Fans for push pull

Associate
I currently have an O11 dynamic which I would like to set up push pull on the RAD next to the motherboard tray. I currently have Corsair ML120 RGB fans in the case and would like some cheap fans to put in the back chamber to get the airflow up.

Would I be better biting the bullet on some non-LED ML120pros or are there some budget options as they are hidden so visual appearance isn't an issue?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
The Corsair fans you have are not good in the first place.... Axe these and get some decent static pressure fans such as Noctua, EK or Phanteks....
I have noticed they are not as good as they are cracked upto be, so will replace them over time.

The noctua fans are a little to expensive so I am looking at the EK vardar evos what's the main difference between the ER and S versions?

Associate
The Corsair fans you have are not good in the first place.... Axe these and get some decent static pressure fans such as Noctua, EK or Phanteks....

eh? most opinions ive read on the ML120's are that they are a fairly decent hybrid fan able to work well as general case flow and rad-push as they can generate reasonable static pressure. they also seem fine in my case !

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £30.66 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

Safe choice if you don't want to spend a whole lot and you're after a static pressure fan that has been designed for good performance at reasonable sound levels, not one that seeks to break cooling records at expense of noise. These are good as radiator fans. Not so much for case/airflow fan purpose. Had them on a H100i for a few years and now on an EVGA GTX 1070 SC providing better cooling and a lot less noise than the stock fans. Still as quiet as years ago so build quality is good.

Consider taking off the rubber mounting in the corners if you get them. It will create a better seal between frame and radiator that way.

Can also run up to four of these off a single 1 amp motherboard fan header according to Thermalbench.com.

Back
Top Bottom