Budget Race Rig for my Son

This is a lovely project and very well done for sticking to such a minimal budget. Forget wanting something like this when I was a kid, I want it now! :p have you had a go yourself?

It's got me thinking that perhaps I need to look at one of those fold up race seats. I really don't have the space to have it out all the time but with a vr headset I wouldn't need to worry about a monitor so could keep it (relatively) minimal...

Thanks all! My Son loves it. He's been playing the delivery missions on BeamNG.

I've had a go, I used to learn the UK tracks a few years ago on the older version of the wheel (G920) when I was racing in MSV, EnduroKA. It's quite addictive, esp when you get the car set-up. I've said to my son I'm going to set a lap time on a different track each week, he's got to beat my time to earn some pocket money :D

Performance wise, it's pretty decent. Everything we have thrown at it hits the V-Sync 60fps cap. This evening I've had some issues with my main PC so have been using it.

FE2lk1I.jpeg

Final step might be worth considering picking up a super cheap VR headset - Rift S can be had for next to nothing now, and will really make a difference!

Back
Top Bottom