Budget Upgrade from a dieing Sony Z3

Associate
I like my sony Z3 and have had it since it was released, but now its getting buggy, had to replace the battery, speakers and now the touch screen isn't working properly.

If it wasn't acting up I would stick with it. So i either repair it again or get a replacement.

I would obviously prefer the replacement be an improvement, so internal 32GB storage (but still has micro SD slot) and a bit faster with as new an android as possible.

Budget is around £200 although the less i spend the better. Must work on Plusnet mobile (on the EE network).

Any recomendations would be appreciated. Or should I just repair and stick with the Z3.

Soldato
I've got a Z3 also. Had it two years and it has noticeably dipped in performance in the last six months. Battery life used to be exceptional amongst its peers but now I struggle to get a day with only relatively light use. Lenovo P2 seems to be a popular shout at this price band. However I'd also look at some of the other Chinese handsets if I was looking for something to tide me over. the only downside might be camera quality which has been very good on my Sony.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/glo...-3gb-32gb-mobile-phone-snapdragon-625-2695398

Might be worth considering

Associate
OP
The issue is its for work and those order times are way too long.
I think the P2 seems the most practical solution.

Man of Honour
only had the p2 a few days but loving it, the battery is insane, not a gamer but its fast for every day use. Even the camera isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it is perfectly acceptable.

Associate
I have a Z3 compact that really needs changing also, but struggled to find anything of the same size that makes a worthwhile upgrade.

What is it with phones/laptops/tablets that over time the performance seems to drop off even after a factory restore etc, does the hardware degrade over time or is just because newer hardware makes your old equipment 'feel' slower ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I got the P2.
Its definitely a step down in build quality and aesthetic from the Z3 and the screen has a blue tint if not faced head on which i'm going to have to get used to.
But it is significantly faster, and everything loads quicker and the battery is great. So considering its a third of the price of the Z3, which i got on contract, it's a very good value phone.

Back
Top Bottom