Build advice, £2k budget, what would you change? thanks guys

Associate
Basically, the time is approaching to upgrade mu current i5-3570k and 7970 build that has done me proud since 2012.

My machine will be used primarily for gaming, no streaming or editing or anything of that sort.

Also if someone doesn't mind recommending me a decent monitor that isn't going to destroy the bank any more as I'm pretty clueless.

Here is what I'm thinking, is there anything you would change, and if so, why? There is marginally more budget there however, preferably not.

I literally need whats in my basket + a monitor recommendation. I'm content with my hardware :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,907.87 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

IF the new GPU's are out before I go ahead then I will more than likely go with one of those as long as they're not horrifically priced.

Thanks for your input guys.

Associate
OP
HDD sizes admittedly are at the bottom of my comfort levels however they are adequate for my needs, I am running less in my current build and still have plenty of space :)

And thanks for the input regarding the PSU, they're alien to me, literally know nothing about them...

With regards to the case its literally there for budget reasons, I wont decide on a case until I see some in the flesh.

How do the TeamGroup SSD's compare to the one I've posted apart from on price per GB, I've been more than happy with the current Samsung SSD Seagate HDD setup I'm running the past few years.

Also interesting read about your input on CPU and motherboard options and I do tend to agree with you, but surely for the spec I'm looking at I should be safe for at least the next 3 years on upcoming titles i guess, I've had 5.5 years out of a £1200 i5 machine and its still going strong tbf, just lacking in gpu power and now feels like a good time for me to be able to comfortably build a new machine.

But thank you for all input so far.

Back
Top Bottom