Build check please

Associate
I have been away for ages, current system is a Fx8350 and R290.

System is now only used by son who plays games like Minecraft, Space Engineers etc he plays at 1080p.

I have case, power supply 550w, OS, mechanical drives (max 2) etc.

Planning to hit button on below, did want a Tomahawk but not available.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £564.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Soldato
Looks ok to me other than the thermal paste. Thermal Grizzly do some very well regarded and reviewed thermal paste. I'd also change the RAM - I know the team group stuff has the same timings but there are plenty of threads on here about the crucial ram being very good for the money.

The rest looks ok. Good motherboard and cpu combo plus the RX590 is a steal at that price. Good luck with the build :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £83.64 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, I have a Corsair AIO cooler which I am hoping will fit, so will use that, but I have also been told the stock cooler is fine.

Plan is to under volt the 590.

my current cpu is a Fx8320 running at 4.2-4.4ghz so expecting much less issues with heat.

Associate
OP
The Tomahawk MB came back into stock, do you think I should swop?

Do not need the leds and only need one HD, so thinking the Pro-A board is fine

Associate
How come you'd recommend a different cooler? Just curious as I thought the stock cooler done a great job :)
yes the stock cooler is quite good. i am using a 1st gen spire (the one with he cooper plug but slower fan) in a SFF with a 3600 and its fine - it allows the cpu to go above 4.1 often. In my desktop I have a btter mobo and wanted to push my other 3600 - but even with my better cooler it doesnt really go any faster. A better cooler should allow it to be quiter though but you have to decide is it wiorth it?

Back
Top Bottom