[Build Log] Back To Water!

Soldato
BTWC.jpg

>>>>Finished Pics here<<<

Introduction.

Hi everyone,

A few years ago I was into spending lots of my money on Custom PCs which meant I had a few WC builds in a short space of time but things in life came up which meant I had to sell up and go with something alittle more basic. Anyway now I’ve got abit more time and money I want to get a custom looped build again. Parts below have all been ordered except the hard tubing as may go with PETG and Ram as I killed my last set trying to remove the heat spreaders.

Main Components:

• CPU: Core i7 4790k (Supposed to do 5GHz but we will see. Also ordered a cheap CPU to practice delidding on before I risk doing this one.)
  • Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming.
  • Graphics Card: 2x GTX780ti
  • Memory: 16GB 1600Mhz.
  • Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB.
  • Power Supply: Corsair Pro AX860 with Full Custom Cable Sleeving by PexonPcs.
  • Chassis: Phantek Evolv mATX in Gloss White.

Cooling:

• CPU Block: EK Supremacy Evo Full Nickel.
  • GPU Block: 2x EK FC780 Nickel and Acetal.
  • RAM Block: EK Monarch X4 Clean CSQ Acetal and Nickel.
  • Pump: EK-D5 PWM with EK-D5 Cover Kit Nickel and Acetal.
  • Res: EK-D5 X-RES 100 CSQ Acetal.
  • Radiator: 2x XSPC AX240 White.
  • Fans: 4x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop 1x Alpenföhn 140mm Wing Boost 2 Plus PWM Fan Red.
  • Hardline Fittings: PrimoChill Revolver 13/10mm Diamond Black.
  • Soft Tubing Fittings: EK-ACF Fitting 12/16mm Black.
  • Fitting adaptors: Mix of Matt black Bitspower and Barrow fittings.
  • Tubing: Mix of Black PrimoChill LRT in Black and Hardline tubing undecided yet.

Tour of the case.

DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg

First thing I did was went about fitting both radiators in the case. My aim with the radiators is to have none of the fans or fittings on show to give a clean look to the build. The one in the roof was simple, just screw it in with the outlets facing up so they are out of sight. I should just be able to squeeze some 90 degree non rotary Bitspower fittings in here but this is at the moment un tested as waiting for fittings.

DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0048.jpg

The one in the front required cutting the false floor of the case at the front as the XSPC AX rads are too wide. Having it fitted like this means the outlets are again hidden in the lower compartment.

DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg
DSC_0056.jpg

I then cut the little removable door down and refitted this against the rad to hide anything below. It’s a very tight fit but looks neat.

DSC_0053.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg

The fan Ive chosen for the exhaust is the Alpenföhn 140mm Wing Boost 2. Ive not used these before but seems to be highly regarded and is a change from the normal corsair fans.

DSC_0058.jpg

This is where the build is currently. Should be able to get a few more updates as parts roll in through the post. Thanks.

DSC_0050.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really liking this little case at the moment. Look forward to seeing this build and how you squeeze it all in.

Soldato
OP
Small Update.

My Corsair AX750 has served me well but the original label on the side is gold and black which didnt fit the theme very well so I found a better one and printed a few out until I found the right size. There is probably a proper way to do this so it prints right first time but I couldn't figure it out.

DSC_0043_2.jpg

And fitted

DSC_0044_2.jpg

This looked fine but at some point I would like to go sli so wanted abit extra wattage. Then a Corsair AX860 came up on the MM basically brand new for a decent price so snapped it up. Best part is the label already fits the build! :D:D:D:D:D

DSC_0045_2.jpg

DSC_0043_1.jpg

Now this is fitted I can start to figure out what room I have to work with. Between the PSU and front radiator my plan was to fit my pump and res combo along with all the fittings to make it work while looking neat. Now the PSU is in it looks loads smaller than expected though. :(

DSC_0044_1.jpg

I also had a few fittings come through the post so went about trying to configure how the roof rad would fit with the tubing and fittings all being hidden.

DSC_0045_1.jpg

Again its abit tighter than expected where the tubing was planned to run.

DSC_0046_1.jpg

DSC_0047_1.jpg

Last I bought a cover kit for the EK D5 pump from vti_786 but he seems to have sent the wrong Acetel plate as the cover wont fit through the main hole to be secured. I contacted EK hoping they would be able to help me out considering im using mostly EK parts in the build but disappointedly they wouldn't and offered me the plate by itself for 18 euros which is not far off what a total new kit is so im going to have to buy another but in black so I have the choice between black or Nickel. :confused: Hopefully vti can find it for me and save me abit of cash.

DSC_0047_2.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046_2.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you stick a gasket between fans and top rad, it'll give you a couple of mil more clearance for those fittings. Just a thought...might help avoid the dreaded Dremel!

Soldato
OP
Been tempted to do same with my Evolv. I think you can fit a bay and res in that gap. It been done in one of the prebuilt systems https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-454-OE&groupid=43&catid=2474

Yea I did see that but thats with the rad with fittings on show at the top which im trying to avoid I also dont think a bay res stuck in there is the most elegant way to go about it.

If you stick a gasket between fans and top rad, it'll give you a couple of mil more clearance for those fittings. Just a thought...might help avoid the dreaded Dremel!

I dont have a dremel any more mate so will be a hacksaw and file jobby for any cutting. Great idea about the gasket though. Ive been looking on ways run the tubing and found a better way that originally planned which I will show in the next update.

Waiting on my pump and res before I can really go any further which seem to be stuck in the post somewhere between Ocuk and Germany. Hopefully will have an update this coming week sometime.

Thanks for all the comments it seems this case is quite liked by the community so hopefully I can do a worthy job of it.

Associate
I've been worrying about the space next to the PSU. What dimensions are that PSU? I had planned to use a superflow 1200W but now I'm thinking it may be even larger than the one you've used and would leave with me some space issues!

Soldato
OP
Its 160mm long without any cables plugged in which will add some. The white Superflower 1200w is 200mm without cables I think so would eat up what is already not much room.

Between the face of where the fittings screw in and the face of my PSU without any cables plugged in is 125mm. If you have the rad with fittings at the top though that would give you more space down there.

Associate
This is looking nice!

After seeing the white version of this case in the pictures, I'm thinking this looks better than the gunmetal version imo.

Nice job so far though, looking forward to the final build

Associate
Its 160mm long without any cables plugged in which will add some. The white Superflower 1200w is 200mm without cables I think so would eat up what is already not much room.

Between the face of where the fittings screw in and the face of my PSU without any cables plugged in is 125mm. If you have the rad with fittings at the top though that would give you more space down there.

Holy cow yeh, that wouldn't leave me with much space. Look forward to seeing how you managed to organize things down below :)

Back
Top Bottom